Why reload??

Sully2

Im reloading 4-5 calibers at present.....so 1 more isnt a deal breaker...BUT

This will be for a 300 Win Mag that I wont be using much. Not too many "big game" animals in southern Ohio! And once the rifle and Zeiss are sighted in...what would I be changing??

Most probably a slug of about 200 grains ( if there is any??) and once "zero'd" that will be about it, except for an occasion range trip to shoot 1/2 dozen rounds to see if Ole Betsy is still putting them in there.

So if thats my planned avenue for this Win model 70...why do I need to reload for it??

This will be for a 300 Win Mag that I wont be using much. Not too many "big game" animals in southern Ohio! And once the rifle and Zeiss are sighted in...what would I be changing??

Most probably a slug of about 200 grains ( if there is any??) and once "zero'd" that will be about it, except for an occasion range trip to shoot 1/2 dozen rounds to see if Ole Betsy is still putting them in there.

So if thats my planned avenue for this Win model 70...why do I need to reload for it??

I think a better question is: Why do you even want/need it under those conditions?

While I have mostly reloaded for my hunting and target shooting for over 40 years, I have successfully hunted with factory loads as I'm sure many others have. I began my long range shooting with a Remington 700 Milspec several years ago using factory Remington 165gr Accutips. They consistently placed 5 shots in 3" at 500 yards, and proved to be effective on game out to that range. As I increased my range, I needed to reload with my 6.5x284's to meet my accuracy requirements.

reload for it if you please its your right as a god fearn American which ziess did you buy it wouldn't happen to be the opmod conquest would it I been thinkn about one for my encore don't know if she'd stand the pressure of a.300 win mag

"I want it" is good enough. No further justification is needed.

As far as loading for it. If you enjoy load development and hand loading, yes. If not then there is a huge range of high quality factory loads.

I load for everything I own.

"I want it" is good enough. No further justification is needed.

As far as loading for it. If you enjoy load development and hand loading, yes. If not then there is a huge range of high quality factory loads.

I load for everything I own.

I enjoy reloading or else I would'nt have the equipment I have. But I got to thinking one day...how many PRO "white hunters" do you see or even hear of reloading.....for some rifles that costs $8 a pop. ( THATS a ton of money)

Ive got the stuff should I get a wild hair as they say....and even though people tell me that 300WinMg will kick like my 243 after the brake is installed...I wont be shooting it much at all

I noticed the other day that 300 Win mag ammo was right at $20.00 a box, and with component
prices where they are if you can find a brand of factory ammo that shoots well enough for you,
then I wouldn't reload for it, no more than you will shoot.

I load for almost every thing I have because of ammo prices and the fact that my loads are more accurate than the factory ammo.

sometimes I find factory ammo as cheep as the components to load it, so I use it to fire form and end up with good brass for re-loading.

I enjoy reloading but sometimes I buy factory.

So the choice is yours and there is no good reason you cant do ether. (You can always set up for loading it in the future if you change your mind).

J E CUSTOM

I noticed the other day that 300 Win mag ammo was right at $20.00 a box, and with component
prices where they are if you can find a brand of factory ammo that shoots well enough for you,
then I wouldn't reload for it, no more than you will shoot.

I load for almost every thing I have because of ammo prices and the fact that my loads are more accurate than the factory ammo.

sometimes I find factory ammo as cheep as the components to load it, so I use it to fire form and end up with good brass for re-loading.

I enjoy reloading but sometimes I buy factory.

So the choice is yours and there is no good reason you cant do ether. (You can always set up for loading it in the future if you change your mind).

J E CUSTOM
Yeah, what he said....

Why not start reloading for it? One of the main reasons I started reloading to have access to the ammo I want. After the last few tragic shootings, it was difficult to find any ammo in several calibers locally, with 300WM being one of them. I could find it, but couldn't find what I really wanted. If you choose not to reload for 300WM, buy enough boxes of what you want to last several years of hunting.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.