Why no talk about Shilen Barrels?

Shilen has been making barrels for a long time. Fads come and go but things of legitamicy hangs around.
Founder Ed Shilen passed in December 2015 at 84. A Benchrest Hall of Fame member and long time Aviator, he founded Shilen Rifles in 1967. His sons had been running the operation for some time before his passing and eventually sold to the present owners as best I understand. I knew and flew with him in the late '90s / early 2000s before life took us in different directions.

Ed was small physically but a Man in every sense of the word. Fair skies and big thermals, my friend.

While I have not tried their newest, through the decades, I've used several Shilen barrels: Match barrels for Nat'l Match, BR, LR, 22lr and hunting barrels have all performed very well.

We have been using some Shilens lately at Pierce Engineering and they've been doing really well. Several distinguished FTR shooters that we have rebarreled and built rifles for really are liking the Shilen Select Match ratchet rifled barrels. I trust those guys and from the ones we have used and borescoped, they look really good inside and out.

All the new nosler m21 rifles are barreled with shilens. A Mac bros action, shilen, timney, mcmillan rifle for 2100$ street price is pretty tough to build against!

I've got 3, shoot factory ammo through them, and am very happy. All are Savage prefits. 2 shoot fantastic. The third I had built for hunting this season and initial shots produced good groups. I'm sure it'll shoot just as good as the others, but I haven't put enough rounds through it to say definitively.

I suppose they don't get much conversation because they just work and at this point are no longer an unknown. They aren't the sexy new carbon wrapped barrels, but my wait time was 3 months because I wanted a blued barrel, so clearly they have plenty of business.

Didn't Ed Shillen teach Bergara how to make barrels?

I have a savage prefit 6.5cm that shoots lights out from it's WalMart special savage axis host!