Why no love for Stag Arms?

codybrown

I've been looking at the model 6 for awhile, and it comes with a 1/2" guarantee. American made, and a lifetime warranty. Everywhere I look there never seems to be any talk about Stag's, usually all the other brands. Any ideas?

Stag has good reviews but they don't seem to get posted a lot. Allegedly, Stag builds the S&W M and P ar's and they good good reviews. I wouldn't hesitate to buy a Stag.

I put a STAG lower on my ar build.Luv it.They tend to be a bit more expensive,so i see alot of off or new brands out there.When people see it its always...o you have a Stag.always lots of love from other shooters.gun)

I have a 2TL and like it. Being a lefty, I don't have a lot of options in the AR world. At the time I got it, Stag was the only one building lefties. There are a couple of others now.

I haven't had much experience with other ARs, so I can't really provide a detailed review. I shoot XM193 or AE223 ammo out of the 2TL and I get ok groups. I mostly use it to pass time between shooting rounds out of my 300WM.

-David

Try the m855 green tip ammo. It has a little steel core luv in it.The xm193 is a frangible so no over penetration. Having seen what the 193 will do in real life,they do the trick.That is unless you are shooting through stuff.The green tips like to go through things.Frangible cover and that steel core goes and does what they do,which is you never know due to the yaw action of it. It will go through and through lots of stuff. I say alittle overpenetration never hurts unless your in a house and your loved ones are in it.Or you have neighbors,or a hundred other reasons.Still a great round if you need it.Its not plinking rnd.Keep shooting and be safe.gun)

I have a 2TL and like it. Being a lefty, I don't have a lot of options in the AR world. At the time I got it, Stag was the only one building lefties. There are a couple of others now.

I haven't had much experience with other ARs, so I can't really provide a detailed review. I shoot XM193 or AE223 ammo out of the 2TL and I get ok groups. I mostly use it to pass time between shooting rounds out of my 300WM.

-David

Have had my Stag LH since 2006... just recently took it to get cerekoted and the gunsmith working the shop said it had the tightest tolerance of any AR he has handled in 15+ years, custom or otherwise. It's a sweet shooter and as you mention us lefties don't have very many choices, glad we have a good option with Stag.

-David

I to am a lefty but all my ARs are right handed guns, none of which have ever been a problem for me. I considered Stag but they were always more expensive.
But they're good guns with a good reputation, I might still buy one in the future. Perhaps a 6.8 spc ll.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts