Why is there not much talk about Weatherby Rifles?

Thank You Sir!!! I appreciate that !!! I don't have a picture of my Beautiful Mark V in 270 Weatherby mag, which as Killed a small elk and , two mule deer and an antelope. !!!

Thank You Sir!!! I appreciate that !!! I don't have a picture of my Beautiful Mark V in 270 Weatherby mag, which as Killed a small elk and , two mule deer and an antelope. !!!
Lenny, have you ever rebarrel a Mark V. Do you think is possible to take a barrel from one Mark V and put it in another, even if it has iron sights?

Last edited:
I definitely notice the older vanguards have more recoil than the newer ones, talking about the ones with no brake. Not a difference in accuracy but easier with the newer ones

So there are a few of us that appreciate them. I have 1958/59 West German MK V with tang safety. Original trigger. Still shoots great. 24" barrel 12 twist. I have Japanese made MK V with brake. A mid 2010 +/- MK V custom brake and a 2016 MK V custom brake. All 300WBY. All 26" barrel. All shoot great. Also a 2017 MK V 338 LM factory brake shoots great. I want a 257 WBY.