Why is there not much talk about Weatherby Rifles?

Picked up a 340 wby when I was 20,started my elk hunting career.Used to talk to guys on the mountain,shot elk 1/4 to 1/2 mile back in day.Raised boy on weatherby,my ol 340 on second live with him.

Attachments

• IMG_E1824.JPG
    IMG_E1824.JPG
    317.9 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG_1838.JPG
    IMG_1838.JPG
    763.2 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG_1830.JPG
    IMG_1830.JPG
    326.8 KB · Views: 59
  • WP 1.jpg
    WP 1.jpg
    851.9 KB · Views: 59
Looks great! Glad to hear it didnt take long to get it in your hands too
The folks at McMillan took really good care of me. Jeree Hills offered a lot of help and got me exactly what I needed for back country mountain hunting with my Weatherby and was a pleasure to work with.

you know we are expecting a range report...right?
Enjoy it!
So I have had the Carbonmark out twice. Shot a ladder with 121HH and Super Performance. BSF break-in is 10 shots and clean, 20 shots and clean and break in complete. After 10 shots zero copper (Hammers help) after 20 same thing. Easiest cleaning barrel I have ever had. My daughter and I both shot groups at 200 yards in the 1.5" to 1.1 inch range at about 3120fps. The barrel does not heat up much in a 5 shot string and cools very quickly. So far I am very impressed. I love the Trigger Tech. It is topped with a Leupold VX-5HD 3-15x44. Once the heat breaks again I will start to stretch this rig out a bit.

My Weatherby Mark V Ultralight came from the factory with a thin Fluted 24 inch S/S Krieger barrel, This is my .270 Win Deer Hunting Rifle. I had the factory grey stock "Hydro Dipped" and made Snow camo, for no good reason at all. Three shot groups are very good, 5 shots fired too quickly , really heats up. My two Full size Weatherby Mark V Deluxe Rifles in Wood Stocks also shoot extremely good for the three shots, but even with the #2 ,26 inch barrels , they get very hot . One is a Super Accurate .270 Weatherby Mag, the other is a .300 Weatherby mag. They shoot fine groups with 60 seconds between shot #2 and Shot # 3 , at the range , even with fairly hot loads. For me, These are NOT, target Guns, they are fine Hunting Rifles, with excellent barrels, and very good triggers, and are capable of excellent Hunting Accuracy and often making One shot Kills, with the right load, ( 270 Weatherby Mag ) and excellent Bullet placement, of course. As the cost of Outfitter Hunts seem to be increasing I am happy I own these great rifles for many years now , and have made and tested the the loads I have confidence in , also for years. Now ,as I am retired, I select the rifle , and the load, best suited for the game at the range that game will most like be hunted. Usually I like 5 or 6 range sessions prior to the hunt. 20 Rounds each Range Session for the very light .270 Win, and 10 to 12 Rounds each session for the .270 Weatherby Mag. This allows me to hunt with A High degree of Confidence. I never doubt the fine Weatherby Rifles ability to perform, I only doubt my own ability to remain calm and shoot as well I did at the range.

Attachments

• IMG_2721 Weatherbt Ultra Light Seeial Number.JPG
    IMG_2721 Weatherbt Ultra Light Seeial Number.JPG
    987.7 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_3485 (1)NEW BOG  CARBON FIBER TRIPOD.JPG
    IMG_3485 (1)NEW BOG CARBON FIBER TRIPOD.JPG
    869 KB · Views: 45
  • 300 Weatherby mag , in its wooden stock. Leupold Scope.JPG
    300 Weatherby mag , in its wooden stock. Leupold Scope.JPG
    626.8 KB · Views: 53