Why is there not much talk about Weatherby Rifles?

Never !!! One more won't hurt
That's how I feel about my 1958 Mark V with a Weatherby scope! Barrel is pitted in the places, it's two years older than I am, and it shoots less than half inch. Better shooter I bet could even put them all in on hole. Never bedded or trigger work or anything. Just checked the trigger pull last night, still 3 1/2 lbs.
anyways, it's a beautiful rifle! Enjoy shooting it!

So they just went to the LGS, picked up and stock Remington 700 off the shelf, slapped a good scope, sighted it in and went on to the competion. RIght?
I have never done anything to my firearms personnaly other than to install a scope, load and shoot. But even I can replace a barrel on a Remington with a good barrel to make it shoot. Thats why the action is popular. And it doesnt hurt that is also dirt cheap. I can make a Mini Cooper fly on the track, I just have to put in a corvette engine. It will still have the Mini Copper emblem on it.
You have facts to discuss, let's see them. But opinions based on feelings, I pass. You lacked the facts to change mine, and I lack the energy to change yours.

Good Shooting! Have fun! Shoot what you like, I neither gain nor lose anything.
Of course they didn't. At the end of their use in BR, 700s were often sleeved to stiffen them up.

As for facts, see the chart below (a PRS action survey). There are other actions not listed, but there isn't a single Weatherby or Mauser action listed. Perhaps you have some "facts" that show otherwise.

Attachments

• 2021-08-03 14_10_38-What the Joes Use_ Top Rifle Actions Used By Local PRS Competitors In 2019...png
    2021-08-03 14_10_38-What the Joes Use_ Top Rifle Actions Used By Local PRS Competitors In 2019...png
    22.9 KB · Views: 71
Of course they didn't. At the end of their use in BR, 700s were often sleeved to stiffen them up.

As for facts, see the chart below (a PRS action survey). There are other actions not listed, but there isn't a single Weatherby or Mauser action listed. Perhaps you have some "facts" that show otherwise.
Blind faith is a beautiful thing. Still blind. I buy a Remington, I throw away the barrel, trigger and stock and replace them with better ones, I modify the bolt, and I still shoot a Remington. Meanhile my 63 year old Mark V is still as it left the factory.
Now I am definitely done, not matter what anyone says!

If you get one of the old German made Weatherby, Check the trigger housing. If it has a cast Pot Metal housing beware. I done some trigger work on a 224 Weatherby about 35 years ago.

The guy had bought the rifle used, and wanted the action cleaned and the trigger lightened a little. Everything went well, Until I put he bolt in the action and pulled the trigger to remove the bolt. There was a crunch in the stock and the trigger went limp. Removed the barrel and action from the stock and the trigger fell on the bench like a jigsaw puzzle. Called Weatherby and the first thing the lady said was you want a regular trigger or a set trigger. I installed a Canjar trigger to correct the problem.

Bad enough it broke on my bench, Glad I was not in Brooks Range in Alaska on a hunt when it happened.

Blind faith is a beautiful thing. Still blind. I buy a Remington, I throw away the barrel, trigger and stock and replace them with better ones, I modify the bolt, and I still shoot a Remington. Meanhile my 63 year old Mark V is still as it left the factory.
Now I am definitely done, not matter what anyone says!
Really? Same barrel? You must not shoot it much. Assuming the barrel life is 1000 rounds, you have shot it on average 16 rounds per year. Hard to get good with a rifle you only shoot less than two rounds a month. Blind faith is indeed a beautiful thing.

FWIW, I buy custom actions for my LR rigs, event though a few 700 actions qualify.

Hi Mr. Keethler, Weatherby Mark V Stock from the custom shop 20 years ago. Hi Grade wood, lots of figure. Just refinished in London Oil Finish by Griffin and Howe. Fine checkering $1350.00 plus shipping.

Attachments

• IMG_3138.JPG
    IMG_3138.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 62
  • IMG_3142.JPG
    IMG_3142.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 68
  • IMG_3143 (1).JPG
    IMG_3143 (1).JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 57
  • IMG_3144.JPG
    IMG_3144.JPG