Why I want a 25 creedmoor because it's the perfect caliber.

Best Name I've heard Yet! "25TC". So why not just stick with 130 Grain Bullets in 6.5mm? I'm leaning towards the Souper, and curious about necking down thickness issues from .308? Long Range would definitely prefer the 25-06 AI. Just Great, now I've got to mock up the 25FMD! Madness! How thick is 270 necked down? Anyone?

I figured many knew this, but I guess maybe it wasn't as common knowledge as I thought: The 6.5 CM is based of the 30 TC case. Ipso facto, I'd put it out that subsequent iterations should reflect the lineage.

It's been that way for about 3 years.
The CM is like any other cartridge, it has its limitations. Most of its criticism does come from the very people that think it's that super cartridge capable of anything. I don't have anything against it except that mentality. I've owned .260 Remington rifles since the mid 90s when they were introduced. Great round equal to the 6.5 CM, in fact probably a bit better in performance yet most CM kids will call the .260 inferior in performance. That's the mentality that gives the CM it's disrespect among many. I'll probably build one some day since all my 260s have been retired. Try something new.

The CM is like any other cartridge, it has its limitations. Most of its criticism does come from the very people that think it's that super cartridge capable of anything. I don't have anything against it except that mentality. I've owned .260 Remington rifles since the mid 90s when they were introduced. Great round equal to the 6.5 CM, in fact probably a bit better in performance yet most CM kids will call the .260 inferior in performance. That's the mentality that gives the CM it's disrespect among many. I'll probably build one some day since all my 260s have been retired. Try something new.
I am well aware and agree. But the obligatory anti creed comments are more ridiculous than the supporters. Like I said it's been that way for years now. I wish I would have been started on a 260 rem instead of a 270 win when I was a kid, the 260 is a perfect first hunting cartridge.

I am well aware and agree. But the obligatory anti creed comments are more ridiculous than the supporters. Like I said it's been that way for years now. I wish I would have been started on a 260 rem instead of a 270 win when I was a kid, the 260 is a perfect first hunting cartridge.
Well it isn't an old cartridge. I think 95/96 maybe. My kids were young then. My son started with the 260 but daughter I started with the 243.

Well they earned it with the endless threads citing miraculous accomplishments of the Needmore.

As for the .260 for small and medium game at any range 99% of people are going to be willing to pull the trigger it's really an excellent round.

For two years I put away all of the big boomers and shot the .260 exclusively and discovered everything I shot and had proper placement died just as dead and just as quickly as if I'd hit them with the 375 or 300 Rum.

Bigger and faster gives us more room for error but if you can consistently pick the right POI and hit it the .260 is a hunting round for a lifetime.

I still know a whole lot of guys that had a .243win for their first "deer rifle" that are still shooting the same rifle fifty years or more later.

Well it isn't an old cartridge. I think 95/96 maybe. My kids were young then. My son started with the 260 but daughter I started with the 243.
You are correct, standardized I believe in 97 when the Army was looking to upgrade from the .223 because they found out how useless the .223 is in urban combat or anytime you have an entrenched/fortified enemy position.

Well they earned it with the endless threads citing miraculous accomplishments of the Needmore.
Feel the same when I read the nonsense bash threads. They earn looking like fools, usually touting a 260 rem and how much better the 50 fps makes it, lol. Both cartridges are fine, but ballistically to small of a difference to matter.

Feel the same when I read the nonsense bash threads. They earn looking like fools, usually touting a 260 rem and how much better the 50 fps makes it, lol. Both cartridges are fine, but ballistically to small of a difference to matter.
Ballistically and for all practical purposes they are twins. Neither offers nothing over the other except the fact there's more and better availability of factory ammo for the Needmore since once again the idiots at Remington's marketing department dropped the ball.

Ballistically and for all practical purposes they are twins. Neither offers nothing over the other except the fact there's more and better availability of factory ammo for the Needmore since once again the idiots at Remington's marketing department dropped the ball.
It's actually crazy that Remington screwed it up so bad. It really should have been the most popular offering for a basic deer rifle. Remington… sometimes I just have to shake my head.