Why I want a 25 creedmoor because it's the perfect caliber.

I've been considering a 257 SAUM for a while. I think it's about the biggest case that will yield advantages over erosion.

Then again, other than loosing the belt, what's wrong with a 257 Weatherby?

Well, that's a lot of Quarterbore information to digest. Like Butterbean, I'm a fan tho not nearly as technologically knowledgable as he is. My 25's run from the 257TCU thru the 250AI, 257 Roberts, and the 25:06AI. The safe is full of other calibers, but it's the 25's that I fond myself reaching for repeatedly. They just work for me and that's all I can ask.

This thread is of the rails, as most of them do here. This was started about the virtues of the 25 Creedmoor?
It's not off the rails. There is no virtue in the 25 "Creedmoor". Giving it a label like that detracts from the legitimacy of it's value immediately.
Now the performance level of a .257" bullet, at velocities achieved in many of the mentioned case capacities is absolutely astounding. The newer heavy bullets further lend to the accomplishments achievable and give reason to ponder development of new data in rifles we have, and build new rifles we don't.

Just be wise with the naming process. Not good to name a boy Sue. Putting "Creedmoor" behind anything is the same.

The 2fitty Hillbilly uses the slow twist

It's not off the rails. There is no virtue in the 25 "Creedmoor". Giving it a label like that detracts from the legitimacy of it's value immediately.
Now the performance level of a .257" bullet, at velocities achieved in many of the mentioned case capacities is absolutely astounding. The newer heavy bullets further lend to the accomplishments achievable and give reason to ponder development of new data in rifles we have, and build new rifles we don't.

Just be wise with the naming process. Not good to name a boy Sue. Putting "Creedmoor" behind anything is the same.

Hence the aforementioned "2Fity-Hillbilly" https://www.outdoorhub.com/how-to/2017/03/06/introducing-new-257-wildcat-cartridge-2fity-hillbilly/ dating back nearly 5 years now...

Just used my 25 creed on a desert big horn in dec. Kimber Montana 24" Blake rifle barrel 1-7.5 shooting 131 blackjack at 400 yds rifle is under 8 lbs Used rl-26 srp alpha munitions brass shoots 2915 fps and as long as I do my part shoots1/2 inch at 100 I think it's a great cartridge
AZ Hunter that's a really cool Ram. Congrats

EEA228F3-0C04-4AA4-8679-DEE3685A5398.jpeg

Hopefully be shooting it by may.

Ya he's pretty much correct on that statement. The 131 BJ has roughly a .335 BC. To get that same BC in a 6.5 bullet, you'd need a 144-147 and getting that up to the same speed as the 131, isn't really possible with only a 4" longer barrel with the same cartridge. It's kinda why I built my 25-284. I can push the 131s faster and flatter out further than the 140 class 6.5 bullets.
Then it's really not an apples to apples comparison.
Best Name I've heard Yet! "25TC". So why not just stick with 130 Grain Bullets in 6.5mm? I'm leaning towards the Souper, and curious about necking down thickness issues from .308? Long Range would definitely prefer the 25-06 AI. Just Great, now I've got to mock up the 25FMD! Madness! How thick is 270 necked down? Anyone?
Why not just stick with the .260 or Needmore? There's always the 6.5PRC and .264wm which is far from obsolete?

If you just want to do a WC I get it though, I've got that bug right now too.

Then it's really not an apples to apples comparison.

Why not just stick with the .260 or Needmore? There's always the 6.5PRC and .264wm which is far from obsolete?

If you just want to do a WC I get it though, I've got that bug right now too.
Correct it's not. Not really sure what the apples to apples comparison would be. For me it wasn't really about any comparison, it was simply a decision based on some practical factors. Same powder capacity, slightly lighter bullet offering less recoil but faster flatter trajectories able to accomplish the same end result in anchoring an antelope. I couldn't think of another option equal or better to accomplish that goal. Nothing in a .244 bullet does it with equal case capacity nor a .264. Getting into the .277 or .284, same result. It wasn't until the .257 heavy bullets were offered before I could make that choice. Sure I could go bigger on case capacity but settled on what I had lots of brass for already. The .260 being the second choice.