Why I want a 25 creedmoor because it's the perfect caliber.

Wouldn't know, I've never shot anything less than 100 gr out of any .257 caliber rifle that I've owned. I do shoot a lot of 75 -80 gr bullets out of my .224 caliber rifles.
Yeah from what I've seen over the years guys are using those lighter pills for varmints.

As a 25 cal fan myself (own every one except .25SSM) I am curious about shooting the 131 Blackjack in either one of my 25-06s, or the .257 Bee. Its .330 G7 should give G1 of .67 or thereabouts, much higher than anything I shoot. Although designed for the CM type seating, other than a faster twist barrel, does anyone have experience with such a move?
I'm shooting the 131's in a .25-06 AI. Bartlein It's coasting at
As a 25 cal fan myself (own every one except .25SSM) I am curious about shooting the 131 Blackjack in either one of my 25-06s, or the .257 Bee. Its .330 G7 should give G1 of .67 or thereabouts, much higher than anything I shoot. Although designed for the CM type seating, other than a faster twist barrel, does anyone have experience with such a move?
I'm shooting the 131's in a .25-06 AI. Bartlein 7.5 twist, and it's coasting at about 3075 at the muzzle. Went up over 3200 without any real pressure signs, but I settled where the accuracy was. I had to true the BC up to .340 G7 in StrelokPro to get the elevation right out to 1000. I'm very happy with the way this rifle and load has worked out. Very accurate, flat, and good in the wind. I built it for a west Texas mule deer / antelope rifle, but haven't had a chance to take anything with it yet.
Nothing special to the rifle other than the fast twist barrel.
Try it, you just might like it!

Scheme
What kind of powder are you using in the 25-06ai
And where you been getting info from I really like my 25 creed but I'm having a 25-06 ai spun up to try the heavy Berger's 25-06 has been my go to for 20 yrs

is there any real difference between the 250 Savage AI and the 25CM?

asking for a friend 😁
As a 250AI owner I think the most significant difference is brass. 250 brass is typically small based for good cycling in factory guns (model 99's) from what I've found and does not take to pressure like the creedmoor case does. As well, you will be spending your precious time fire forming. It's a wonderful little catridge though, and has done well on deer and antelope for me. if I had my time back I would build a faster twist on the creedmoor or 6.5x47 lapua case.

Too bad the 25WSSM faded away. We had one for Jill and took to Africa. Toof a few animals there as well as whitetails here. It was in a Winchester Model 70 Ultimate Super Shadow Stainless 24" Mossy Oak Break Out. At first shot great then started to open up. Sent it back, but now it was owned by Browning. Browning would not send the rifle back. Said it was a safety issue. We fought with them over the replacement (they wanted to give us an "A" bolt. We wanted our money back. Any way we ended getting money back but got screwed on the shipping/tax and some other costs.
Really liked that caliber. A lighter recoil of a 25.06 and higher velocity. We ended up giving away all our brass and loaded ammo.
While I feel your pain, an ABolt is not the worst choice in the world. I have one and while the barrels are rough and prone to copper fouling for the first couple of hundred rounds after that it is the gravy train. Expect around 150 to 200 round out of the box before it settles down and does less than 1 MOA. Keep the barrel clean, no copper fouling and it is a tack driver. Same action and barrel as the X bolt, just less expensive and shoots just as well.

As a 250AI owner I think the most significant difference is brass. 250 brass is typically small based for good cycling in factory guns (model 99's) from what I've found and does not take to pressure like the creedmoor case does. As well, you will be spending your precious time fire forming. It's a wonderful little catridge though, and has done well on deer and antelope for me. if I had my time back I would build a faster twist on the creedmoor or 6.5x47 lapua case.
I certainly don't disagree. I love my 250AI. It was my first build back in 2006. I still have the original 100 or so win fire formed brass that has 1-2 reloads as Ackley. 85gr Barnes X-bullets have laid plenty low. I suppose I will eventually just shoot it as a 250 Savage.

Too bad the 25WSSM faded away. We had one for Jill and took to Africa. Toof a few animals there as well as whitetails here. It was in a Winchester Model 70 Ultimate Super Shadow Stainless 24" Mossy Oak Break Out. At first shot great then started to open up. Sent it back, but now it was owned by Browning. Browning would not send the rifle back. Said it was a safety issue. We fought with them over the replacement (they wanted to give us an "A" bolt. We wanted our money back. Any way we ended getting money back but got screwed on the shipping/tax and some other costs.
Really liked that caliber. A lighter recoil of a 25.06 and higher velocity. We ended up giving away all our brass and loaded ammo.
You can have another if you can wait about 3-6 months SHAW and other barrel makers can make any caliber that you desire

I really want a 25creedmoor. I have lots of reasons....
There's lots of balistic reasons but none of those make too much sense in a common sense world.
Let me start by saying this. I own a 6.5creedmoor. I also own a 7remag. I also am an abrasive, contrary, a smart ***. If you say up I say down if you say old I say new....
Ok so balisticly the 25creed is better because out of a 22" tube it pushes a bullet of higher BC faster than a 6.5creed dose itj a 26" tube. Also it has better barrel life than all the 6mm bores.

Ok now let's get down to the emotional stuff.
The 25 creedmoor is awesome because it has creedmoor in its name and that ****es off half the folk. This means it should be able to kill the velociraptor/ Trex clones fairly easily as well as be perfect to take on a hunt in the new sasquatch season in Oklahoma.
Next it's 25caliber and that's bound to also **** some people off because there's no milly-meeter equivalent. It's more American than the 30 cal because 30 cal isn't a fraction of an inch- but 25 cal is!!! It shares a bore with only a few cartridges- the 25-06, 257roberts, 257wetherby. and 250savage. Since it's better than all the 6mils it will make more people mad because it's 25. Simply put anyone who has a 25 cal has it on purpose because THEY WANTED to BE DIFFERENT.
So is the 25creedmoor perfect for my personality? Of course such a rebel caliber would have to be built on a defiance action....

What do y'all think? Will this kill more dinosaurs and make more folk perplexed or should I just stick with the 65.creedmoor....?

Let me know your most emotional opinions.
Does shooting a 1/4 bore make you contrary? If you shoot a 1/4bore did you decide to do it because you were contrary already?
Does combining the 1/4bore with creedmoor make the single most contrary cartridge out there yet?

Cheers!

😂Joel🤣
Of all the creed cases, 25 cal is the only one I would consider today. I played with 6.5 and 6mm versions yrs ago. If you don't want a long action, or if you want a more efficient case, take advantage of the 30 deg shoulder of the creed case.
The incessant whining about the 6.5 creed gets old, yes, I face palm myself at times when I run into the "in" crowd, but I can tune anyone out.
Once other companies stepped in and took some of hornady's control away, very viable case.