Why I want a 25 creedmoor because it's the perfect caliber.

Well I am glad I came up on this post. Several years ago I was thinking about building a 25 cal. based on a 308 Win. case I wanted it for a whitetail deer rifle. Though I may going a little out in left field, I was getting ready to retire. One of the thing that bothered me was magazine length for longer heavy bullets in a hunting rifle in a short action, And feed problems. The 6.5 Creedmore case is shorter would help some with longer bullets in a short action.
Then I read that Melvin Forbes had designed the stock for for the New Kimber Montana. I bought a Kimber Montana in 300 WSM.
I have a. 25/.308 Norma Mag. I take the. 308
Well I am glad I came up on this post. Several years ago I was thinking about building a 25 cal. based on a 308 Win. case I wanted it for a whitetail deer rifle. Though I may going a little out in left field, I was getting ready to retire. One of the thing that bothered me was magazine length for longer heavy bullets in a hunting rifle in a short action, And feed problems. The 6.5 Creedmore case is shorter would help some with longer bullets in a short action.
Then I read that Melvin Forbes had designed the stock for for the New Kimber Montana. I bought a Kimber Montana in 300 WSM.
I neck a. 308 Norma Mag. down to. 25 caliber. It's sort've overbore but I don't shoot it that much. I think that. 25 is a good caliber for deer, coyotes etc. I'm getting 3,740 fps with a 100 gr. bullet.

Too bad the 25WSSM faded away. We had one for Jill and took to Africa. Toof a few animals there as well as whitetails here. It was in a Winchester Model 70 Ultimate Super Shadow Stainless 24" Mossy Oak Break Out. At first shot great then started to open up. Sent it back, but now it was owned by Browning. Browning would not send the rifle back. Said it was a safety issue. We fought with them over the replacement (they wanted to give us an "A" bolt. We wanted our money back. Any way we ended getting money back but got screwed on the shipping/tax and some other costs.
Really liked that caliber. A lighter recoil of a 25.06 and higher velocity. We ended up giving away all our brass and loaded ammo.
The good old 257 Roberts is still out there, mine has a 8 twist it works just fine....

I really want a 25creedmoor. I have lots of reasons....
There's lots of balistic reasons but none of those make too much sense in a common sense world.
Let me start by saying this. I own a 6.5creedmoor. I also own a 7remag. I also am an abrasive, contrary, a smart ***. If you say up I say down if you say old I say new....
Ok so balisticly the 25creed is better because out of a 22" tube it pushes a bullet of higher BC faster than a 6.5creed dose itj a 26" tube. Also it has better barrel life than all the 6mm bores.

Ok now let's get down to the emotional stuff.
The 25 creedmoor is awesome because it has creedmoor in its name and that ****es off half the folk. This means it should be able to kill the velociraptor/ Trex clones fairly easily as well as be perfect to take on a hunt in the new sasquatch season in Oklahoma.
Next it's 25caliber and that's bound to also **** some people off because there's no milly-meeter equivalent. It's more American than the 30 cal because 30 cal isn't a fraction of an inch- but 25 cal is!!! It shares a bore with only a few cartridges- the 25-06, 257roberts, 257wetherby. and 250savage. Since it's better than all the 6mils it will make more people mad because it's 25. Simply put anyone who has a 25 cal has it on purpose because THEY WANTED to BE DIFFERENT.
So is the 25creedmoor perfect for my personality? Of course such a rebel caliber would have to be built on a defiance action....

What do y'all think? Will this kill more dinosaurs and make more folk perplexed or should I just stick with the 65.creedmoor....?

Let me know your most emotional opinions.
Does shooting a 1/4 bore make you contrary? If you shoot a 1/4bore did you decide to do it because you were contrary already?
Does combining the 1/4bore with creedmoor make the single most contrary cartridge out there yet?

Cheers!

😂Joel🤣
I think you have t much time on your hands to think this s+%& up. Are you snowed in or something.

If a 25 creedmore is good a .22 can only be better! Not finding any large rifle primers for almost 2 years, I now have 4K small rifle primers and 6 creed lapua small primer brass. Couple thousand heavy Berger and Hornady bullets and will soon have a 7.5 twist barrel.

Well Rosebud The weather man said he is sending some Montana snow your way so you will have time to rethink the 25 cal.. can you drive on ice?

I really want a 25creedmoor. I have lots of reasons....
There's lots of balistic reasons but none of those make too much sense in a common sense world.
Let me start by saying this. I own a 6.5creedmoor. I also own a 7remag. I also am an abrasive, contrary, a smart ***. If you say up I say down if you say old I say new....
Ok so balisticly the 25creed is better because out of a 22" tube it pushes a bullet of higher BC faster than a 6.5creed dose itj a 26" tube. Also it has better barrel life than all the 6mm bores.

Ok now let's get down to the emotional stuff.
The 25 creedmoor is awesome because it has creedmoor in its name and that ****es off half the folk. This means it should be able to kill the velociraptor/ Trex clones fairly easily as well as be perfect to take on a hunt in the new sasquatch season in Oklahoma.
Next it's 25caliber and that's bound to also **** some people off because there's no milly-meeter equivalent. It's more American than the 30 cal because 30 cal isn't a fraction of an inch- but 25 cal is!!! It shares a bore with only a few cartridges- the 25-06, 257roberts, 257wetherby. and 250savage. Since it's better than all the 6mils it will make more people mad because it's 25. Simply put anyone who has a 25 cal has it on purpose because THEY WANTED to BE DIFFERENT.
So is the 25creedmoor perfect for my personality? Of course such a rebel caliber would have to be built on a defiance action....

What do y'all think? Will this kill more dinosaurs and make more folk perplexed or should I just stick with the 65.creedmoor....?

Let me know your most emotional opinions.
Does shooting a 1/4 bore make you contrary? If you shoot a 1/4bore did you decide to do it because you were contrary already?
Does combining the 1/4bore with creedmoor make the single most contrary cartridge out there yet?

Cheers!

😂Joel🤣
i shoot a 257 weatherby and a 257 baker( 264 wm necked to 257). seems like a 257 cm would be a great deer, if stoked with good bullets!

I am noting a lot of talk on 4831. Now there 2 powders that use that number. It would be a lot better if noted that's H or IMR powders. The IMR powder is subject to extreme heat change. Both in IMR 4350 and IMR 4831. Especially in using max loads.
When I reference 4831 it's exclusively h4831sc because that's what I use but sometimes I get lazy. Yes it should be specified.

Speaking of the quarter caliber I went out and put together a 25.45 on an AR platform. It's OK but thinking of going with a bolt action to incrase accuracy.
What accuracy are you getting with the 25.45? I love mine I built and it's shooting 3/4inch with factory ammo

Too bad the 25WSSM faded away. We had one for Jill and took to Africa. Toof a few animals there as well as whitetails here. It was in a Winchester Model 70 Ultimate Super Shadow Stainless 24" Mossy Oak Break Out. At first shot great then started to open up. Sent it back, but now it was owned by Browning. Browning would not send the rifle back. Said it was a safety issue. We fought with them over the replacement (they wanted to give us an "A" bolt. We wanted our money back. Any way we ended getting money back but got screwed on the shipping/tax and some other costs.
Really liked that caliber. A lighter recoil of a 25.06 and higher velocity. We ended up giving away all our brass and loaded ammo.

I've done a few .25 Creeds.. I've been chastised a bit, their loss, I guess..

I started using them as coyote rifles. Used the 100 grain ballistic tip mainly. Also some 115 Bergers.
With both 4166 and 4064 I am getting 3,300 fps with the 100grn bullet.. Posting that before is what earned me some distain from doubters.
I've only used the 6.5 Lapua SMALL primer pocket brass. I believe this brass enables you to achieve more velocity, undoubtedly
at higher than normal pressure. However, my loads exhibit no pressure signs and the brass has really good life. Been using a Redding Type S
die with the approbate bushing to take it to .25. Simple one pass and done, after all only sizing the neck down an additional .007''.
In the last several years have done .22 creeds, 6's, .25 and 6.5.. All are a step up from comparable rounds and I think the brass quality is a huge factor in their goodness.. My story, I'm sticking to it..
I will build a .25 creed sometime soon, probably in a large format AR platform for a dedicated, thermal wearing, night coyote gun. A .25-06 was my first centerfire rifle that my dad and I built on a mauser action. I've had something in .257 since then, and have accumulated a lot of bullets from 75 up to the new heavies. Have a .25-06AI with a fast twist shooting the Blackjacks for the last couple of years, and it's a laser. With all the bullets on the shelf, might as well build something to shoot them…. Also, have a lot more small rifle primers than large at this point, so that also makes sense.

I will say I'd like it better if it wasn't named Creedmoor, but I won't be too embarrassed to tell people… I did build a .260 rem a couple of years ago just to go against the 6.5 creed crowd, and while it does what I wanted it to, OAL has been a factor, even building it to try and minimize that being a problem to the extent possible. So, "they" had some points…

Finding any data for the .25 creed and lighter bullets is a challenge though, so if you could share some info from your experience, that would be great!

I will build a .25 creed sometime soon, probably in a large format AR platform for a dedicated, thermal wearing, night coyote gun. A .25-06 was my first centerfire rifle that my dad and I built on a mauser action. I've had something in .257 since then, and have accumulated a lot of bullets from 75 up to the new heavies. Have a .25-06AI with a fast twist shooting the Blackjacks for the last couple of years, and it's a laser. With all the bullets on the shelf, might as well build something to shoot them…. Also, have a lot more small rifle primers than large at this point, so that also makes sense.

I will say I'd like it better if it wasn't named Creedmoor, but I won't be too embarrassed to tell people… I did build a .260 rem a couple of years ago just to go against the 6.5 creed crowd, and while it does what I wanted it to, OAL has been a factor, even building it to try and minimize that being a problem to the extent possible. So, "they" had some points…

Finding any data for the .25 creed and lighter bullets is a challenge though, so if you could share some info from your experience, that would be great!

You can start with looking at 257 Roberts load data, the case capacity is almost the same.