Why don't my posts show up when ...

dwm

I almost use the "New Posts" feature to navigate this site.

Why don't my posts show up on the top of the list when I post them and then imediately do a "New Posts" search?

This has been bugging me for quite some time and I just had to ask.

Doug

Is it only you own posts that don't show? I believe mine are like that too... For posts that are not originiated by me the New Posts works fine. I think it's a feature and not a glitch, my own originated posts don't but posts by others do. If someone replies to your post it should pop up on the New Posts.

Just my own, do not show up imediately after I post them, even when I post on someone elses thread.

I guess I should tag them all to notify me if someone replies to my posts ...

Doug

If someone else replies it should popup on the New Posts as I see it.

You should be able to see this post on New Posts because I replied to your post.

I can't see a thread I just created or replied to as a New Post either until someone answers, sort of makes sense now that I think on it.

Ok, sort of makes sense, but I had to think about it too, after you pointed it out ...

Dave, we need a new light bulb icon and here it is.

We can now select it from the Smilies on the right side of the "Advanced" reply screen.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.