Why doesn't the New Posts button update?

Cobramach1

I just joined this site and like it a lot. However I'm annoyed with the fact that when I hit the New Posts button I still get 350 posts and 8 pages of messages. Are there really that many people on here that there are that many new posts all the time?

I just joined this site and like it a lot. However I'm annoyed with the fact that when I hit the New Posts button I still get 350 posts and 8 pages of messages. Are there really that many people on here that there are that many new posts all the time?

I haven't had that problem. Interesting

Or it could be related to whether you have "cookies" enabled both generally and specifically for this site. The forum software utilizes "cookies" to know when you have last logged in.

MagMan's recommendation worked perfect for me and now it's working like every other forum I'm familiar with. Thank you. I'm looking forward to learning a lot from other's experience on here.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.