Why doesnt someone make a BIG @ss riflescope?

robbor

I would think by now that a need has been warrented, why dont any of the rifle scope companies make us a big ol scope like 10-50 with a 80-100mm objective? Wouldnt this be usefull? More light, better immage, larger exit pupil. I want to mount my spotting scope on my gun but it does not have windage and elevation much less a crosshair.

D

daveosok

They do; U.S. Optics
Check it out, be sure to have a few grand in savings before venturing out to get one though as they are the most expensive scopes you will ever see.

Nighthawk

Robbor, what kind of rifle would you mount a scope that big? A 20mm mini gun for shotting 3 miles.

[ 11-30-2004: Message edited by: Nighthawk ]

Shawn Carlock

Sponsor
High powered scopes have their place, but I'm not sure long range hunting is where it is. I have shot targets of 16-18 inches at 1500 and 1600 yards with my night force 5.5-22 NPR2. Even on a 30 degree day if the sun is out, the mirage off the sun warmed barrel is enough that I have to keep the barrel covered, turn the power down, or shoot in a mirage condition. I like portable guns and we have a weight limit in Idaho. I even have a 50 mm NF instead of a 56 mm. I think that monster scopes are not manufactured but only by a few companies because they are to much of a good thing.

Shawn

cdmorten

Shawn,

Were you serious about a weight limit in Idaho?? Or did you mean that the terrain dictates not carrying a heavy gun?

Shawn Carlock

Sponsor
As retarded as it sounds there is a weight limit in Idaho, 16 lbs field ready. Not a difficult weight to atain but stupid just the same.

Shawn

Latest Classifieds

Nightforce has great tracking capabilities, they are rugged, a bunch of elevation, holds zero forever, and reticles are designed for long range shooting. So if you are looking to shoot long distances constantly, then you need a scope that can take the abuse. -- gilmillan1

Culture Of Excellence At Nightforce Optics
By Len Backus

A high level of quality both in production and in service. Read More

Nightforce is such a solid combo of reticle, available elevation, glass that is good enough to shoot at the longest range you can dial. Nightforce has bullet proof construction that can handle the incidental horse rolling or some other rodeo action. -- bigngreen

Nightforce ATACR Scope Review
By Jeff Brozovich

The new NightForce ATACR is for sure a top choice for any long range shooter. Read More

The total package. Nightforce is the best I have used as far as turret feel and solid detents. I have never had one that didn't track right on and always return to zero. Nightforce NXS is the best value for everything I need. -- Broz

Nightforce Velocity 1000 Reticle Review
By Scott Shreve

I think Nightforce knocked it outta the park with this reticle! Read More

NightForce