Why doesnt someone make a BIG @ss riflescope?

robbor

I would think by now that a need has been warrented, why dont any of the rifle scope companies make us a big ol scope like 10-50 with a 80-100mm objective? Wouldnt this be usefull? More light, better immage, larger exit pupil. I want to mount my spotting scope on my gun but it does not have windage and elevation much less a crosshair.

D

daveosok

They do; U.S. Optics
Check it out, be sure to have a few grand in savings before venturing out to get one though as they are the most expensive scopes you will ever see.

Jon Jackoviak

I would hate to carry that gun around.
shocked.gif

Shawn Carlock

Sponsor
High powered scopes have their place, but I'm not sure long range hunting is where it is. I have shot targets of 16-18 inches at 1500 and 1600 yards with my night force 5.5-22 NPR2. Even on a 30 degree day if the sun is out, the mirage off the sun warmed barrel is enough that I have to keep the barrel covered, turn the power down, or shoot in a mirage condition. I like portable guns and we have a weight limit in Idaho. I even have a 50 mm NF instead of a 56 mm. I think that monster scopes are not manufactured but only by a few companies because they are to much of a good thing.

Shawn

cdmorten

Shawn,

Were you serious about a weight limit in Idaho?? Or did you mean that the terrain dictates not carrying a heavy gun?