Why does this have to be so difficult??

Does the WSM offer anything that the Rem mag does not?

I guess I am wondering why the bench guys are using the WSM more than the other..

Personally I cannot answer as to why the benchrest guys are using the WSM but I would say with a long action and a custom chamber it would offer the ability to seat the bullet out further. Also I believe that the short fat case makes more efficient use of the powder because with a shorter case you should be able to achieve a more uniform burn. It could be something different but this is what I understand to be the advantage of the "short and fat is where it's at" crowd. in a single shot setup fired from a short action they could also be a little more rigid.

Small shank.

Could you give me an idea, or tips on how to head space .001 off the shoulder with FL dies? thank you
Get the Forster precision Bump dies and CoAxe press. The only co. that makes a bump die that I know of. Makes set up a lot less complicated. I have them for my 7mm mag. Works great.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.