Why do muzzle brakes all have bad names?

Just curious about this phenomenon.
Terminator,
Assassin
Hellfire
Beast
Heathen
Just a few examples
It's not like bunny rabbit or cottontail was taken already and considering how gentle muzzle brakes make a rifle shoot wondered why?
Lol
(This is a joke thread in case that's lost in the print)

It's because they are bad-donkeys and works like a champ.

Personally I named my brake the Assassin because it Assassinated recoil. And I think others had the same descriptive idea for a name. The name was not for marketing, just descriptive of what it does to recoil.

I have had some people say the Assassin is amazing, but if I had named it Amazing, it could have the ports pointing back at the shooter so it would be Amazing, even if it did nothing for recoil.

If you named a brake Eargespliting what would a person think it would do.

I do agree that some of the names are interesting, but the person that designed them had the first rights to name them, and a way to separate them from others.

I do have something on a lighter note about the name I gave mine. When I first started building my brakes I needed business cards with the web site so I could pass them to people interested in one of the brakes. I went to have some printed, and office depot refused to print them (I guess they thought I was an Assassin and needed to advertise.:) So I had to show another printer an engraved muzzle brake with the logo on it to get someone to print my cards.

I guess there is something/more to a name.👍

J E CUSTOM

I'd be a bit concerned regarding barrel harmonics with the Shakira. Lil shaky.....name one the "Moody" and no one will ever worry about movement in any direction other than straight lines.

I'd be a bit concerned regarding barrel harmonics with the Shakira. Lil shaky.....name one the "Moody" and no one will ever worry about movement in any direction other than straight lines.

Agreed! Along with JLo, it's a shakalaka or double assassins. Sorry Jerry I couldn't resist.

I just realized it edited the thread name,
Was supposed to read bad*$$ names, not 'bad' names not sure why it did that

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.