Why am i shooting to the left

Those scope levels are supposed to be here any day and I'm going to try and do some more tuning at 600 to get them tighter so maybe it's just the location and my positioning but man I don't know.

Those scope levels are supposed to be here any day and I'm going to try and do some more tuning at 600 to get them tighter so maybe it's just the location and my positioning but man I don't know.
I need to get some levels too as mine broke. I'm in Eastern Oregon and the scope I put on awhile ago shoots right. True story bud lol.

The way I see it. Several rifles, same distance, similar difference (left), somehow you setup/ sight differently at that distance. The suggestion made to you to video tape is great, nit just at theat distance but the shorter an d longer, maybe you are doing something different

If I can get those Atips a little tighter I'm going to go over to the east side and stretch them out past 1000 and see what they do

Lol! Well I can honestly say it's repeatable enough I'm getting pretty good at guesstimating lol. Definitely seems to walk away further with 6.5 8 twist than 224 6.5 and .308 with 8-11 twist. At least that's my guestimation
That's strange. I can see the part where it shifts left but to come back is strange. Unless the spot you shoot at has a canyon that consistently channels wind further out. My range is like that.

That's strange. I can see the part where it shifts left but to come back is strange. Unless the spot you shoot at has a canyon that consistently channels wind further out. My range is like that.
The 2 places I shoot to 600 are pretty protected but the 1000 could be something with the wind bringing them back. Just weird to have so many different rifles do the same thing. Really weird. Got a new place to shoot 1000 so could change and the east side and going further out will be interesting if it continues to walk them right. Only taking 2 rifles to the east side but if they do the same then I just don't know.

This has been driving me nuts. I do a lot of load work up for various cartridges and rifles and everything I shoot starts to walk over to the left from where my Kessler or Hornady app tells me it should out to about 800 yards and then comes back to center about 1000. Wth? I've ordered a couple of those scope levels to try but I'm not feeling confident. It varies with different cartridges and is usually about 2-6" at 600 yards. It's definitely repeatable and I usually just aim to the right a little. Bergers and Hornady and hammers, don't matter. What am I doing wrong?
Well the first thing that comes to mind is that the app info is probably wrong at the ranges that you are shooting at. While apps are good for getting you in the ball park, they do not take into account all of the different variations that one encounters out in the field or on the range. The fact that the errors are repeatable also lend me to believe that it is an app problem. Moving on, other factors that might be causing the issue is simply an issue with the parallax adjustment on the scope, if it has one. If not that means that the parallax is factory set for 100 yards which is not ideal for shooting at any range over or under 100 yards. Without adjustable parallax compensation the slightest movement of your eye from exact center of the aperture means that the bullet will follow your head movement. The longer the range the smaller the movement required to end up in an error. Moving on, there was a comment that one persons scope would shoot right but his son using the same rifle would have the same rifle hitting left. This again relates to parallax and the placement of the eye outside of the exact center of the aperture. If a person knows how to accurately shoot a scope and zeros the rifle, any other person who knows how to shoot a scope should be able to pick up that rifle and shoot and hit exactly the same spot it was sighted in for by the other person. The only argument here is who knows how to really shoot a scoped rifle and zero's it and who else knows how to shoot a rifle zeroed by the other individual. The bullets will hit in the exact same spot for either them or anyone else who really knows how to shoot a scoped rifle.

I'm sure there's some explanation and definitely something I'm doing wrong. Just weird. Not something that's new either. Been seeing it every since my first time I used the kestrel. Before that, I really wasn't shooting paper or a way to see where my impacts were hitting. First time I noticed it was my first 600 yard match where there wasn't really any way to tell where you were hitting and my 10 shot group was pretty good but all left. Didn't have the kestrel then it was 2or 3 years ago.