Why am I nervous?

diderr

Doe rifle is only 10 days away here, but I've been preparing all year for long range hunting. I've practiced out to 1450 yards with success, I've developed a handload that will launch a 210 vld 2900 & shoot under 1/2 inch at 300 yards, I've shot over 1,000 practice round, I've got all the good equipment I didn't have last year (leica 1200, exbal, exct.) but I still feel nervous, and excited. I don't know why.

Its a good thing.

I slept fitfully last night and all I was anticipating was shooting where other people could see my results. It was kind of like the "first day";)

but that wore off when my first shot was a miss by a wide margin.:(

Anticipation for something exciting is a rush. like the first time "being with" a woman. Same as with hunting. When I was a kid I didn't sleep the entire night before the deer season opener. I still remember my first day ever deer hunting. 12 years old in a Woolrich coat in a cold PA December pouring rain holding onto a Win 94 in 30-30. Could only shoot antlered deer and a doe snuck up behind me and left out a big snort. First time I ever heard it and it scared the crap out of me. An that was over 55 years ago and I can still see that doe staring at me through the raindrops.

Doe rifle is only 10 days away here, but I've been preparing all year for long range hunting. I've practiced out to 1450 yards with success, I've developed a handload that will launch a 210 vld 2900 & shoot under 1/2 inch at 300 yards, I've shot over 1,000 practice round, I've got all the good equipment I didn't have last year (leica 1200, exbal, exct.) but I still feel nervous, and excited. I don't know why.
When you stop getting nervous or anxious or excited over a hunt, it is time to quit.