Why 6.5 prc?

Heavy was the only thing that I could think of, i know what you mean but it was close to any lift after a shot
I have 6.5 x55 Swedish which is a fine cartridge when loaded too it's potential 6.5 -284 s and 2 6.5 Prcs one in a 1.7.5 twist and a 1-8 twist there is several ways too throat the 6.5 prc I prefer the .145 free bore over the .188 it gives you more room in the short magazine and puts you around .010 too 020 from the lands with factory ammo and room too shoot out some throat and still be able too reach the lands if you prefer that when loading the 6.5 prc case in my opinion is just a very efficient and strong case design I'm getting 3450 plus out of the 123 gr hammers and probably can reach 3500 fps with a little more load development I have one built on a long action mod 70 and the other a short action Curtis Customs Axiom they both function flawlessly and very accurate I definitely prefer the 6.5 prc

Heavy was the only thing that I could think of, i know what you mean but it was close to any lift after a shot
If it's there at all... you're over pressure. I'm not trying to pick on you... but it's important that people understand this. If your bolt is resisting lift/opening at all, then the brass has been pushed beyond its ability to hold the pressure and expanded past the point of correct spring back. This essentially wedges the case between the shoulder of the chamber, and the bolt face. Very typically, there will have been case web expansion, which is permanent damage to the brass.

If the bolt lift feels differently after a shot than it does when bolt lift on a live round, you're sticking that brass... and it's not good. The "internet" loves running rifles hot. Much too hot for my taste.

-----------

Since I have three 6.5 CM's and 7 Saum's the 6.5 PRC really doesn't make any sense so I'll probably never go with a 6.5 PRC. Especially, since the Saum can do 2900 + with 180's fairly ease with a couple different powder options with great accuracy.

Any idea how it differs from the 7saum? Shoulder angle? Case capacity? Is it more efficient?
The 6.5 and 7 SAUM are the same on shoulder, but have about 3 grains more case capacity vs the PRC. The 6.5 SAUM is also know as GA Precisions branded 6.5 GAP 4S. Same cartridge different head stamp.

Just making the parent case is a far stretch from George Gardner and Hornady doing everything else to legitimize it..... and as far as caveman saying the creedmoor was designed for the army marksmanship team is total hogwash. If it ain't, he'd try to prove it......

Of course, I'm right. As usual....

Ruger inventing the parent case to the 6.5 Prc and saying then ruger had a hand in the development of said cartridge is as big of stretch as saying Holland and Holland designed the 264 Win mag......maybe now you'll get it

I like my 6.5 PRC but my 7WSM beats it in most categories. The only downside to the WSM is getting quality brass. I really don't want to bother reforming 300WSM brass so I just carefully prep the Win brass.

As far as using the 156EOL in the PRC case; I find that 2,950 ft/sec is a reasonable max without pushing the envelope.
I recently bought 2 50 round W-W bags of 7mm WSM brass. I was scratching my head thinking I thought the 7mm wsm was fading away.

I recently bought 2 50 round W-W bags of 7mm WSM brass. I was scratching my head thinking I thought the 7mm wsm was fading away.
It's definitely fading away IMO. And the sole reason is that no one makes quality brass for the cartridge. I prep my Win brass and have had good results but I'd pay a good buck for some Lapua, ADG or other quality brass for the 7WSM.