Who's successfuly using imr 8133?

I just wanted to mention also though most know that velocity and pressure can increase/decrease depending on the thickness/weight of the brass used. I used 230gn brass on the above ladder test with the 7 rem mag. Had the brass been 20gn lighter you would have seen lower velocities or if heavier brass higher velocities/pressure. I was hoping to find Norma brass which often is lighter in weight and normally very consistent weight wise and Lapua doesn't make 7mm Rem mag brass so no option there and I haven't seen any 7 rem mag norma brass available in months. But the Winchester is tougher for sure than Norma but if being used for longer range and higher accuracy you must at least weight sort it and many will also turn the necks which I also may end up doing with the Win brass.

Last edited:
I'm in the process of load development for my 300 NM that I just finished.
Shooting 225 ELDM's, I tried Retumbo and got horrible SD and ES, 20 and 39, also hit pressure at 2950.
H1000 has pretty bad SD as well so far.

I tried out 8133 today and right off the bat shot .4 with 225 ELDM's @2925, SD was 11.
Nowhere near a max load so I'm going to look for the next accuracy node, so far it's impressing me.
I loaded another round with a higher charge looking for pressure, and hit 3010 with a slightly heavy bolt lift.
I'm using 215 GM primers, and Lapua brass.
View attachment 132108

You need to try cci 250's. I haven't found a load yet that like 215M's. I always try a primer test and 250's always win in last 5 rifles.

You need to try cci 250's. I haven't found a load yet that like 215M's. I always try a primer test and 250's always win in last 5 rifles.

I tried one before my gun was fully broken in with 565 and 215 was better, but not now with 8133. Did a test yesterday on my 308 with Lapua SRP brass and Varget. I'd been using CCI450's, with great accuracy but bad ES. The 400's cut the ES in half but grouped poorly, 40 fps faster. Of all things, Winchester SRP was even lower, and shot 5 into .52". The Norma didn't particularly like the WMR primer though.

Interesting, I've had good luck with 215's in a number of rifles.
Ill give the 250's a try, thanks for the advice.

Have you tried 215 match ? I've been using them in 300 RUM and 7 rem mag. Some heavy loads in 6.5 PRC. I have some 250's. Haven't used in awhile . I'll try them.

I tried out the cci 250s this morning, accuracy was terrible and SD was 14.
They worked great with H1000 though, I got an SD of 2 and an ES of 5 with 86 grains, velocity was ok at 2925.

I went back to 215M's with IMR 8133 and hit a really good node at 3000 fps with 89.5 grains. Holy typo I wrote 99.5 on the target...
SD was 7 ES 14, and if I didn't pull one it'd have been a .2" 4 shot group instead of .4"(I'm shooting off a bipod in a rock patch..)

No pressure signs either, I think I have a winner in my 300 NM I'm pumped with that velocity!
IMG_20190428_120935846.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep, it's the latest Enduron powder, and like the others temp-resistant and double-based, with a decoppering agent. You probably won't see any data for it on the website until the HODGDON ANNUAL MANUAL for 2018 appears, which should be happening pretty soon now.

Yep, it's the latest Enduron powder, and like the others temp-resistant and double-based, with a decoppering agent. You probably won't see any data for it on the website until the HODGDON ANNUAL MANUAL for 2018 appears, which should be happening pretty soon now.

Actually Hodgdon does have quite a lot of load data for 8133 at their online website. Not sure they list load data for it with every possible caliber it could be used for but they do list it for most of the common magnums that it would be suitable for.

Had some early great success with 8133 and CCI 250 primers. Really liked 200 grain bullets in the 300 Winchester Magnum WW Brass, tried both the ELD-X and Accubonds under 80 grains (safe in my rifle) grouped real nice but...not sure about ELD-X on Elk and large game. Killer load for deer though.

Last week started with 8133 in the 300 Win Mag, looking to use it for 200 plus grain bullets. Started with WW Brass CCI-250 primers, and 200 grain ELD-X. Was very consistent (started with 77 grains and worked up to 80) with no pressure signs. I havent measured velocity yet but I like it. Will be trying the 200 grain Accubonds and possibly some heavier Bergers (215) or 212 ELD-X. I tried H1000 and RETUMBO previously but less than stellar results.
I don't know how old his post is but how did you make out did you try the 205 hunter elites are you 300 WinMag yet