Who's HBN do you use?

One thing no one has said. When you start with a clean, or even a pretreated barrel, you will have pressure issues if you don't fire a couple with a starting load. You will have to rework your load anyway, start over with the starting load. Most likely you will find accuracy with a slightly higher charge than before, but don't start there!! You will have to do the reduced load deal each time you clean to bare metal.

I'm using the bulletcoatings.com kit with excellent results. I wash in hot water with dawn dish soap then bake at 165 deg for 20 mins. After heating I'll let them sit for 30 min to 1 hr and reheat for an additional 10 mins. I did discovered if coating hollow point bullets directly after heating, they will come out a dark brown color and there will be an awkward smell almost like acetone. By letting them dry cool down 100% and reheating I have never had this happen.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.