Who uses a red dot type sight?

Len Backus

Administrator
Staff member
Just curious.

Do you use a red dot over $250

Do you use a mini red dot over $250?

Len , I used to shoot a lot of NRA bullseye matches . both of my comp pistols have ultradot , match dot , red dot sights on them . right now they look to be selling for about $235 . I did use a cheaper brand , but they did not hold up . I don't have any rifles with red dot sights on them .

Len, I have a Burris on a 22 and an EO Tech on a shotgun. They work great. Each for it's intended purpose of getting on target quickly at 50 yards or less.

I put one on a 17HMR we cut to 10" LOP. It gets the kids started without the eye relief, or sight alignment issues. The adults have liked it more than they expected.

Both
Have a few aimpoints on my ar15s.
10/22 with vortex venom.
My Ruger MK I has a vortex venom also.
Shot a few different dot sights over the years on my IPSC rigs.

Thanks for the feedback, guys.

What is the price range of the units you refer to?

Burris $239
Eo Tech $439
Plus one on whoever said the women, kids, and grand kids love the red dot. When we go shoot it is the first rifle they grab.

I run both a trijicon rmr, and leupold deltapoint pro on my glocks. Both are great optics but I actually prefer the leupold. Leupold is around $400, trijicon is around $550.

I use an Aimpoint T1 (mini? red dot over $250)

It is on my 12.5" 6.8 SBR. This gun plays a dual role, home defense plus short range hunting. I chose an expensive red dot (Aimpoint) because the battery life allows me to leave the optic on for YEARS at a time during home defense duty, and it's always going to function no matter how much abuse it takes in the field.

The SBR rides around on the truck console and ATV's, and is handy for quick shots inside 100 yards at moving animals, especially hogs. Anything over 100 yards, and I find that the optic is the limiting factor to precision, not rifle or shooter.

I have several on Ar 15's, 2 Tijicon reflex, 450 range, Trijicon RX30, 500 range, Trijicon Tripower 600 range and a Vortex Strikifire on a Ruger 1022, 150 range.

I am using red dot sights on my turkey shotguns. I use a Burris fast fire II and III as well as a Vortex Venom, all with the 3 MOA size dots. They have sure made a difference in how easy it is to get a shot off, just get the dot on his head and cut it loose.

Have a couple Primary Arms 3 MOA red dots. These are tried, trued, and tested, with thousands of reviews (latest model has 200 reviews at 4.7 stars and is only $89.99). On numerous occasions, I have had law enforcement and Army infantry friends call BS on the price after testing it for a few days. No issues with my two for the last 3 years and my referrals are also very happy. All mine are mounted on AR15s w/ a Seekins co-witness mount.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.