%%% Who shoots 210 grain boolits in win mag%%%

bigbuck

I am going to load some 210 match kings for a friend of mine . He shoots a 300 win mag . I plan on using H-1000 powder . What would be the starting point for the powder charge ?
Thanks for your time.

What brass are you going to use? I have found the charges vary quite a bit depending on case volume and some of the300 win brass has a lot less volume.

Jeff

I will be using once fired brass that he has sent with his rifle. The stamp says R.P 300 Win Mag.

Thanks.

For what its worth, I worked up a load for a friends 300wm. Browning x bolt, remington brass, 210 berger vdl, 77 gr h1000 aprox 2900 fps (have not validated it yet). Proved very acurate. His brass was all once or twice fired.

For what its worth, I worked up a load for a friends 300wm. Browning x bolt, remington brass, 210 berger vdl, 77 gr h1000 aprox 2900 fps (have not validated it yet). Proved very acurate. His brass was all once or twice fired.
Thanks so I should be okay to start at say 74 ?

I will be using once fired brass that he has sent with his rifle. The stamp says R.P 300 Win Mag.

Thanks.

Fed 215 Primer and H-1000. I would start with them seated .-030" off the lans. A good starting point for RP brass would be 73 gr. Work up slow and if you get to 77 gr you will be at max and see close to the reported 2900 fps. But please be advised most factory 700's I have worked with were showing pressure before 77 gr. This will also depend on your particular lot of powder. This same load in RWS brass I have found to be at max pressure at 73 gr. in more than one rifle. I believe this is due the the thickness of the RWS case and the loss of case volume. But velocities were still good with the RWS load.

Hope this helps

Jeff

For what its worth I have been using Winchester brass, Federal 215M primer, 74.5 grains of RL 25. and 200 grain accubond with muzzle velocity of 2905 fps. It is more temp. Sensitive then H1000 though. For 200 grain SMK's I run 73.5 for same speed. I also use a lee crimp die so as not to worry about seating depth and works great. I have been shooting .5 to .75 MOA for the past year with this gun.

Fed 215 Primer and H-1000. I would start with them seated .-030" off the lans. A good starting point for RP brass would be 73 gr. Work up slow and if you get to 77 gr you will be at max and see close to the reported 2900 fps. But please be advised most factory 700's I have worked with were showing pressure before 77 gr. This will also depend on your particular lot of powder. This same load in RWS brass I have found to be at max pressure at 73 gr. in more than one rifle. I believe this is due the the thickness of the RWS case and the loss of case volume. But velocities were still good with the RWS load.

Hope this helps

Jeff

Perfect ! I will start at 73 grains .-030" off and I have several hundred Fed 215 M primers on hand:)

Thanks trophy hunter for the reply .

I am going to load some 210 match kings for a friend of mine . He shoots a 300 win mag . I plan on using H-1000 powder . What would be the starting point for the powder charge ?
Thanks for your time.

why not start where you load your 210 burgers [ do you need to ask YO. how to spell BULLETS] HAHAHA!!LOL.gun)

why not start where you load your 210 burgers [ do you need to ask YO. how to spell BULLETS] HAHAHA!!LOL.gun)

HA You know us Rednecks ! LOL
I was meaning 300 win mag not my Ultra Mag. I would be powder packin for sure:D

73 is a good place to start. I would start on the lands however. That way, when you see pressure signs you will be at max coal. If you get best groups at max powder charge .03 off and tweak it by going in towards the lands, you might see serious pressure signs then. My load is 77 grains in rws brass kissing the lands.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.