Who pays for all this?

Fees fees fees.....thats what we as outdoor enthusiasts endure...but we do it because it is what we are and what we hope to pass to our children....a real future of being part of the real world....as hunters/ fishers we have paid plenty each year for our licenses and equipment....it won't stop..they wont take those taxes off..ever......
So how do we share this burden with people whom use the outdoors for other uses..skiing, hiking, biking etc.....they HAVE to pay their portion to use the remainders of federal and state lands..otherwise we as hunters /fishers
are going to lose our use when it gets sold off....
Maybe......
ONE LINCENSE...a land/water use license...EVERYONE at certain age HAS to have it....you want to swim in clean water..watch birds from your car......you pay the same as all the hunters/fishers......PERIOD.....

I was at a meeting here in California where a senior Fish and Wildlife official discussed the need to get more people to buy hunting and fishing licenses. He said if we had any ideas on how the state could encourage more people to buy licenses to email him the ideas.

California has been about the most anti-gun and hunting state that I know of. If the just used common sense I think it would help.

Lets see...
Simplify the proclamations so you don't need a lawyer with you at all times, improve access to hunting areas, lower prices to be fair market. Quit treating people like criminals just cause they hunt... Oh and how about giving us more then part of a week to harvest an animal, increase hunting opportunities, get rid of ******** reqs like clipping hooks, don't make us fight with kill nets for our few penance we get to keep. An oh oh how about giving additional species and areas to hunt in the down time.

When I was a kid in Utah they shut school down so the kids could hunt for a week.. How about that, and frankly I am about ready to just let the bears and the lions wreak havoc on the lefties hiking in the wild with no hand gun, afterall lions gotta eat.

Oh yeah, Here in Washington we should vote out Ferguson and Insley, that will help a bunch, if only for the enjoyment of watching them carry boxes out of the building, hell I will help pack.

Last edited:
Fees fees fees.....thats what we as outdoor enthusiasts endure...but we do it because it is what we are and what we hope to pass to our children....a real future of being part of the real world....as hunters/ fishers we have paid plenty each year for our licenses and equipment....it won't stop..they wont take those taxes off..ever......
So how do we share this burden with people whom use the outdoors for other uses..skiing, hiking, biking etc.....they HAVE to pay their portion to use the remainders of federal and state lands..otherwise we as hunters /fishers
are going to lose our use when it gets sold off....
Maybe......
ONE LINCENSE...a land/water use license...EVERYONE at certain age HAS to have it....you want to swim in clean water..watch birds from your car......you pay the same as all the hunters/fishers......PERIOD.....
The only problem I see with this is it gives them a voice and a legitament vote on all the activities that happen on public land because they are paying their "fair share". We all know what their vote will be, we are better off buying a few more licenses and supporting pro hunting conservation groups. The states could do more to involve youth in hunting and fishing activities as well as their parents.

.....The only problem I see with this is it gives them a voice and a legitament vote on all the activities that happen on public land because they are paying their "fair share"....
......We all know what their vote will be, we are better off buying a few more licenses and supporting pro hunting conservation groups.
.....The states could do more to involve youth in hunting and fishing activities as well as their parents.

......As far as giving them a voice, in the last 2-3 decades the non-paying voices have exceeded those paying the freight. Public opinion, and the ballot box currently trumps biology. Public meetings end up with the mic occupied by some lunatic spouting "spirit of the wolf crap", and nobody willing to cut them off.
....Quite frankly the "organizations" have not really been a voice for hunters either. They march lock step with whatever lunacy the "Wildlife" departments wants. Their agenda is securing scarce tags to auction for obscene amounts of money.
....The agencies involved don't show visible support for hunting, not even lip service. There are plenty of anti hunters on hunter funded payrolls.
....There are plenty of kids out there wanting an opportunity, if they get that chance it will only be provided by individuals like us.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.