Who makes this 45 round?

darkunited

I've had these rounds laying around for about 6 years and when I went to order more I completely forgot who makes them. Is it possible these are glaser rounds? I've searched all over google and only found that glaser makes a similar round, though they are blue tipped. I'd really like to purchase these babies again if anyone knows the manufacturer.
DSC02232.jpg

DSC02231.jpg

DSC02225.jpg

The R P on the case signafies its a Remington Peters case, and the +P means its loaded hot, but Ive never seen bullets like those in factory ammo. Seems I read some where about a bullet company that had an ''expander ball'' to initiate expansion much like a ballistic tip on a rifle bullet, but I cant remember where I read it or who made it. I thought the ball was white........... I dunno if that helped at all, but its all the information I got.

ha thats what i was thinking, both of those rounds are made by glaser that your talking about, ones the pow-r-ball round that has a white tipped ball and the other is the glaser safety slug but neither round comes in red, i guess it may be that this round was an older model of either, anyhow I think ill try the pow-r-ball and see how they work for home defense, I would use the glaser safety slug but i don't like how they say dry wall can stop the round and it does not penetrate deep into tissue, if you were to count on this round i'd hate to find out it doesnt work...

IMHO I am not a fan of handguns for home df. I keep a 12ga loaded with 8shot. Nothing will stop em quite like a face full of shot. And you don't have to worry about killing the neighbors. I save my sig for last ditch efforts.

12 gauge is deffinately the best for home defense. Especially if you have other family members in the home. Go with 2 3/4 inch high brass 4 shot though. It won't penetrate the back side drywall of your wall but is still enough to effectively neutralize most threats.

The only problem I see with using a shotgun is how quickly you can access it. In most break in's you have a short time to react and that all depends on how close your weapon is to you. I find a handgun is easy to keep close by and not so hard to hide especially if you have questionable quests in your house.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts