Who makes the best copper bullets for hunting hogs in your opinion

Not at all, but I have not had a moving violation since February 2, 2001 (19 years ago this week) and have not had a chargeable accident since January 1994. I learned very quickly once I hit the roads to let the impatient s'fing-ters go first. You could have been one of them I let pass. It's better to be a few minutes late to the delivery because I let a moron (you could have been one of them) go ahead of me than to try to race him in his four-wheeler versus me in my 18-wheeler.

I may have it entirely wrong, but was it not Christ who said, maybe to a soldier sent to arrest him, "It is you who says I am the Messiah." I do not know the exact Scripture, but it goes along those lines. I have never said, even unto myself, that I am the best driver out there. You said it (see your partially-quoted entry above), and in a snarkiness that transcends the written word.

Truck drivers are the best drivers out there. We drive over 100,000 miles a year; some over 120,000 per year and have very few accidents under the "total number of automobile and heavy truck drivers" per capita rate. Four-wheeler drivers run around 16,000 miles per year. Truckers drive six times as much, and have fewer accidents than four-wheeler drivers per year. With that said, I'll let my safety record stand as testimony to my ability as a commercial driver for the past twenty-six years. I have been out of work for eight months with sleep apnea. I'm now sufficiently-treated to go back to work. I have over 1,000 offers for jobs in my Inbox. Not too bad for "the best driver out there," so sayeth only you...

Oh man you had me till you said truck drivers are the best out. Lol
I drive 80-100,000 a year for work and ya e to deal with truckers on the road and at job sites. and can tell you without a doubt. Trucker drivers in general are the worst. Some are great like getting out of the left lane, and driving safely, doesn't matter the speed safe is safe. But ever since you can get your cdl in a few weeks and auto trans any azzhat can drive. It's amazing the **** I've seen after 15 years of traveling that much.

. What caused me to become so much more skilled as a driver such that I can increase my speed by 45% once I have crossed the border? As pathetically stupid as I am, I'll need the help of the membership to answer that question...

Like I said, 80,000# going 80mph is hard to stop and can cause a lot of damage. I'm still sure you are one of the best drivers out there. You asked the question and I gave a simple answer.
"If my answers frighten you then you should cease asking scary questions." — Jules (Samuel L Jackson), Pulp Fiction.

Last edited:
Like I said, 80,000# going 80mph is hard to stop and can cause a lot of damage. I'm still sure you are one of the best drivers out there. You asked the question and I gave a simple answer.
"If my answers frighten you then you should cease asking scary questions." — Jules (Samuel L Jackson), Pulp Fiction.
Hey guys this is about hunting not driving. If yall want to see the worst driving in the country All you have to do is come to central florida The i 4 corridore is a night mare. ok hunting guys Please.

Hey everyone I live in Ca. I know it sucks I should of left along time ago when I got out of the military!!! Anyways I can only hunt with copper bullets, for deer it's not too bad but for pig it dose not seem to expand that well, I have heard a lot of people are having to make a follow up shot. I'm gonna be taking a 308 out this weekend, I know it's not the best for hog hunting but I don't have my 6.5x284 set up for copper yet. I'm your experience what is the best expanding bullet that is copper and most accurate.
I also live and hunt in Commifornia. The hornady GMX does a solid job on hogs. I shoot a 90gr. GMX from a .257 bore. RIGHT IN THE NECK! DRT.

Hey everyone I live in Ca. I know it sucks I should of left along time ago when I got out of the military!!! Anyways I can only hunt with copper bullets
So CA doesn't allow lead projectiles but its all good smoke as much pot as you like :oops:

Anyway I digress...……...………...

So what about Nosler E-tips??

I bet all those solid projectiles are super expensive to, especially for hogs when all you need is the cheapest you can find as long as they are accurate!

If its still kicking after 1...........put 2 or 3 more in them :p

They run about $1 each, but hey. They're each perfect and identical best I can measure. They're turned on a CNC.
I wouldn't shoot them at prairie dogs, but for hunting your ammo is the least expensive component.
Their excellent and consistent performance is worth every penny IMO. And no they don't give me bullets. I just bought 100 bullets for each of the 4 rifles I hunt with 😁

So CA doesn't allow lead projectiles but its all good smoke as much pot as you like :oops:

Anyway I digress...……...………...

So what about Nosler E-tips??

I bet all those solid projectiles are super expensive to, especially for hogs when all you need is the cheapest you can find as long as they are accurate!

If its still kicking after 1...........put 2 or 3 more in them :p
Yes pretty much!!! Ugh 😩
By buddy that thought me Gunsmithing told me that he has had several people come in with problems after shooting Nosler trophy copper, several guys had bullets stuck in the barrel and other problem so I want to stay away from those.

Hey everyone I live in Ca. I know it sucks I should of left along time ago when I got out of the military!!! Anyways I can only hunt with copper bullets, for deer it's not too bad but for pig it dose not seem to expand that well, I have heard a lot of people are having to make a follow up shot. I'm gonna be taking a 308 out this weekend, I know it's not the best for hog hunting but I don't have my 6.5x284 set up for copper yet. I'm your experience what is the best expanding bullet that is copper and most accurate.
Move out of CA to TX

I wanted to get in to some long range hog shooting on a ranch we hunt in Texas so I set up a .338 Lapua. My best grouping loads are 250gr. Sierra game kings doing 3050 fps. I was punching straight through the hogs and unless I caught bone there was no real damage and many got away. I hit a 50 lb er a little high in shoulder at 380 yds. He rolled over hard, 10 seconds later got and walked away with no blood trail. Found him still alive 50 yds away.
At the recommendation of several members here I just ordered some 225 gr. Barnes TTSX and some 250 gr.
Berger Elite Hunter heads to try.

I would have never believed a pig, especially a small one, could take a hit like that from a 338 and walk away had I not seen it. Just shows how important the bullet choices are for the game you are hunting. .
Good Luck.

My 2 cents. A 165 tipped triple shock should work very well. The 165 has a shorter ogive which should work well in your 308. Just make sure that you have any gilding metal cleaned out of your barrel first

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.