Who makes the best copper bullets for hunting hogs in your opinion

The 168 ttsx are great, but I think the 175 lrx is a much better bullet in the 308. I shoot 175s at 2850 fps with 210m and ww760 = .125 group. And yes I'm in s. Calif too.

Since so many guys have mentioned Barnes, I'll throw out something different. I've also had good luck with Federal Trophy Copper, and this past year when we were in a target rich area and planning on shooting a lot I used the Copper Powerpoints. They worked just fine and are pretty easy on the wallet.

Hey everyone I live in Ca. I know it sucks I should of left along time ago when I got out of the military!!! Anyways I can only hunt with copper bullets, for deer it's not too bad but for pig it dose not seem to expand that well, I have heard a lot of people are having to make a follow up shot. I'm gonna be taking a 308 out this weekend, I know it's not the best for hog hunting but I don't have my 6.5x284 set up for copper yet. I'm your experience what is the best expanding bullet that is copper and most accurate.
I use the cutting edge mth line. They have been very good at dropping those tasty ugly critters. They split into four pieces three petals and the main chunk.So unless you are shooting the monsters with a plate thick enough to stop any bullet but the big magnums will be needed.I am in south florida and i am critter control on two farms that are both over 10,000 acres. So i shoot a ton of hogs monthly. So they work great for me.

Hammers 64,73gr 22 cal!
76A831EC-33DC-465B-9780-B9DC7237BC93.jpeg
A941B2D8-3711-4448-A2B2-539FC2E8FC3E.jpeg
A81B7CD5-62C4-4472-980D-6C2A765FBB62.jpeg

I'm a trucker. It's beyond my exponentially-limited intelligence as to why I become a better driver once I cross an imaginary line between Nevada and Kalifonia. I'm forced by the power of the brain-damaged elites in Sacramento to drive 55mph in the Granola State, yet I can accelerate to as fast as 80mph in Nevada once I get out past MM 60 or so. What caused me to become so much more skilled as a driver such that I can increase my speed by 45% once I have crossed the border? As pathetically stupid as I am, I'll need the help of the membership to answer that question...

I for one don't want an 80,000 pound truck doing 80mph down the highway. Not that hard to figure out the faster you go the harder it is to stop and the more damage that can be caused. I'm sure you are the best driver out there.

I'm sure you are the best driver out there.
Not at all, but I have not had a moving violation since February 2, 2001 (19 years ago this week) and have not had a chargeable accident since January 1994. I learned very quickly once I hit the roads to let the impatient s'fing-ters go first. You could have been one of them I let pass. It's better to be a few minutes late to the delivery because I let a moron (you could have been one of them) go ahead of me than to try to race him in his four-wheeler versus me in my 18-wheeler.

I may have it entirely wrong, but was it not Christ who said, maybe to a soldier sent to arrest him, "It is you who says I am the Messiah." I do not know the exact Scripture, but it goes along those lines. I have never said, even unto myself, that I am the best driver out there. You said it (see your partially-quoted entry above), and in a snarkiness that transcends the written word.

Truck drivers are the best drivers out there. We drive over 100,000 miles a year; some over 120,000 per year and have very few accidents under the "total number of automobile and heavy truck drivers" per capita rate. Four-wheeler drivers run around 16,000 miles per year. Truckers drive six times as much, and have fewer accidents than four-wheeler drivers per year. With that said, I'll let my safety record stand as testimony to my ability as a commercial driver for the past twenty-six years. I have been out of work for eight months with sleep apnea. I'm now sufficiently-treated to go back to work. I have over 1,000 offers for jobs in my Inbox. Not too bad for "the best driver out there," so sayeth only you...

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.