Who makes custom carbon barrels??

codyadams

So I want a .264 cal 7.5 twist 28" long carbon barrel. The ones I see are only offered in 8 twist, and none longer than 26" in .264 cal. You would think for $700+ for a barrel, you could order it however the heck you want. Anyone know if you can call and custom order, or if we're just stuck with what they have to offer?I have looked at Carbon Six and Proof so far.

check out hells canyon armory. He's based in Idaho. I've been watching his stuff for a while now. He offered a group buy over on Rokslide last year and he's been posting a lot of pictures there as well. I think they run somewhere around $800 and he has an interesting method that he uses when wrapping.

From listening to Mike at Hells Canyon, his resin content is less then others which results in a barrel that cools faster. I think if I ever go full custom it will be one of his. He builds some sexy rifles

From listening to Mike at Hells Canyon, his resin content is less then others which results in a barrel that cools faster. I think if I ever go full custom it will be one of his. He builds some sexy rifles

That is exactly what had me so interested. That, and they just look **** good!

Has anyone had dealings with Carbon6? I've been looking at them for a while. I'm down for a group buy from HellsCanyon, if you can get 8 more people committed, Cody.

Has anyone had dealings with Carbon6? I've been looking at them for a while. I'm down for a group buy from HellsCanyon, if you can get 8 more people committed, Cody.
I would buy a barrel from mike at hellsCanyon . If we can get a group buy. I have a Christensen arms. 1-9twist .30 cal blank. Also but have not done anything with it uet

I don't see ANY barrels as 'custom'. They're standard this way or standard that way & we buy their standards offered, or not.
With this, replacement barrels should really be referred to as 'aftermarket' rather than custom.

check out hells canyon armory. He's based in Idaho. I've been watching his stuff for a while now. He offered a group buy over on Rokslide last year and he's been posting a lot of pictures there as well. I think they run somewhere around $800 and he has an interesting method that he uses when wrapping.
Do they have a website? I can't seem to find it.

Mike at hells canyon is using benchmark barrels now I believe and wrapping them with his proprietary method and materials. Lots of options on twist and length and contour. I currently am having him make my second rifle. Let me know if you would like his contact info and I can get it to you.
I think he is working on a website but not up yet I don't think.

I have not purchased anything. I have talked with them and the guys seem very knowledgeable. I will be trying a barrel of theirs in the future barring some revelation with the product. They put some sort of guarantee on them and I believe they will work with you if for some reason you are not happy. I wish I could tell you I had one and loved it or at least wish someone could tell me that.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.