Who makes an good but affordable 338 Lapua?

WEATHERBY460

I want to get into long range shooting in the 338 caliber....It seems like savage makes one in the $2000 range, but does anyone else make one closer to $1500 thats any good. If not, how much will I need to spend to get a good gun to shoot this round. Thanks

the remington is a good choice also if your not set on the 338 lapua you could go with a weatherby accumark in 338-378 I think you can find them used for 1200-1300 or new for 1600ish on gunbroker.com

If you are looking for something cheaper then the lapua the 338 Rum is a good option. If you are going to spend $2000 I would not get a savage I would look for a Sako TRG in a 338 Lapua or a used custom.

Rumor has it that Savage has a couple new .338LM guns that are lighter / less 'tacticool' than the 110BA that were floated around a little bit during SHOT, and should be up for their formal 'debut' at the NRA Annual meeting in a week or two. The one I've seen pictures of has an AccuStock and a big quick-discharge brake, the other supposedly uses an HS Precision stock similar to the 12 LRP (except bigger, of course).

I'm guessing without all the tacticool bits either gun will be somewhat less expensive than the 110BA.

HTH,

Monte

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.