Who makes a 3 lug action with a tenon larger than 1.062?

M

Muddinmetal

I am looking for a 700 footprint action, Lapua bolt face, .725 bolt or larger, and a 1.12 tenon. I prefer single shot, but repeater is ok. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

A

AudentesFortunaJuvat

LRH Team Member

Here’s an option

GrayCreed

GrayCreed

Does American Rifle co make any? They have 3lugs and 338lm bolt face I believe

M

Muddinmetal

There have been may reported extraction issues with some of the more potent .590 cartridges. The XCs specifically

Last edited:
L

Lonewolf74

It isn’t a three lug but I have a Pierce 800 series action that the tenon is 1.187. It’s is a REM 700 footprint but it’s 1.45 diameter so it’ll fit in a Rem stock but you will have to open the channel up some. I think about the only other options for something actually designed for that size of cartridge is the Stiller Tac 338 or Surgeon XL. I think the Pierce is superior to both of them but to get more details on the action you will need to contact Pierce because there’s no info on the 800 series on the website.

Also for what it’s worth regardless of price and budget I would NOT use a Bat action for a bigger magnum build cus they gull lugs easier then other’s.

M

Muddinmetal

I will go with a Borden Bigfoot if I stay with a 2 lug design. Most others truly made for a larger cartridge are longer actions meaning I can't use the MDT Chassis of my choice. With the 30 different 3 lug actions out there, you'd think one would offer the larger barrel tenon so common in the 2 lug world

Joel Russo

Joel Russo

Why don’t you buy the 3 lug receiver, and have the threads opened to 1.100”. I did that for a few guys that wanted the Kratos or Zeus.