Who makes a .264 7 twist 28” carbon barrel blank?

Mike D Texas

I am working on building a 264 Win Mag and would like to have a 28" 7 twist carbon barrel on it. I currently have a 28" Proof blank but it's an 8 twist and Proof doesn't offer a 7 twist in a 28" length; they do in 26" but not 28". 😏

Anyway I'm looking for other options but an unfamiliar with other dependable carbon barrel makers. I have a few Bartlein stainless barrels but I have a buddy who had a terrible experience with one of their carbons. They would need to offer a similar contour as the proof senders as that is what my stock is inletted for.

Any suggestions?

I do actually have a 26" 7 twist that I have as a back up plan but I had planned to use that to rebarrel my 6.5-284 when that time comes.

I am working on building a 264 Win Mag and would like to have a 28" 7 twist carbon barrel on it. I currently have a 28" Proof blank but it's an 8 twist and Proof doesn't offer a 7 twist in a 28" length; they do in 26" but not 28". 😏

Anyway I'm looking for other options but an unfamiliar with other dependable carbon barrel makers. I have a few Bartlein stainless barrels but I have a buddy who had a terrible experience with one of their carbons. They would need to offer a similar contour as the proof senders as that is what my stock is inletted for.

Any suggestions?

I do actually have a 26" 7 twist that I have as a back up plan but I had planned to use that to rebarrel my 6.5-284 when that time comes.
http://www.x-caliber.net/carbon-fiber-contoured-blanks and https://carbonsixllc.com/product/carbonsix/ does.

Thanks Feenix. Carbon Six shows 26" max length.

Attachments

• 1956EE6B-E1BB-4129-A042-3C1781D4B314.png
    1956EE6B-E1BB-4129-A042-3C1781D4B314.png
    41.7 KB · Views: 36
Call benchmark, or mike at hells canyon armory. He builds of benchmark blanks. He made me a custom 28" 257 carbon in 7.75tw this spring. He offers his standard twists, but custom can be ordered, the wait is just a lot longer. Took 6 months to get the barrel.

Call benchmark, or mike at hells canyon armory. He builds of benchmark blanks. He made me a custom 28" 257 carbon in 7.75tw this spring. He offers his standard twists, but custom can be ordered, the wait is just a lot longer. Took 6 months to get the barrel.
HCA only shows a 7.5 twist 6.5mm.

I emailed several weeks ago asking if he could build a 7 twist but no response so far.

X-caliber.
Presumed you meant 28" finished length. My barrel wizard liked the one I sent to him.

1641509324637.png

X-caliber.
Presumed you meant 28" finished length. My barrel wizard liked the one I sent to him.

View attachment 327912
I asked my Smith about the X-Caliber and he said he's done 3 of them and doesn't like them. Something about the process they use to wrap they have to crown and thread your barrel. It can't be done after it's been manufactured.

I'm open to listening if you've been pleased with yours.

I asked my Smith about the X-Caliber and he said he's done 3 of them and doesn't like them. Something about the process they use to wrap they have to crown and thread your barrel. It can't be done after it's been manufactured.

Never heard that. I brought mine, a 416 SS blank 6mm 1:8 28" HV profile + action to my smith for chambering, threading and crowning. He said nothing of the sort. I trust this man to tell me if he had any issues, and when asked, he said all four (lost count when writing) of my barrels were well made. Turned it and a second barrel around in two weeks. The next two took him only a week. He left some grease smudge on one of the two barrels in the second group, and I chuckled to myself, "he's slipping!"
I'm still waiting on my stock to put it into play.

Back story : I bought three in a moving sale from a fellow shooter who was multiple year champ at the local 600 BR group. He would turn his own barrels. Traded two of them to @Mram10us for two of his Wilson Arms barrels in other calibers that I wanted.

Sounds like he just wants to be able to charge you extra for crowning and threading since it's already done by X-Caliber.

Never heard that. I brought mine, a 416 SS blank 6mm 1:8 28" HV profile + action to my smith for chambering, threading and crowning. He said nothing of the sort. I trust this man to tell me if he had any issues, and when asked, he said all four (lost count when writing) of my barrels were well made. Turned it and a second barrel around in two weeks. The next two took him only a week. He left some grease smudge on one of the two barrels in the second group, and I chuckled to myself, "he's slipping!"
I'm still waiting on my stock to put it into play.

Back story : I bought three in a moving sale from a fellow shooter who was multiple year champ at the local 600 BR group. He would turn his own barrels. Traded two of them to @Mram10us for two of his Wilson Arms barrels in other calibers that I wanted.
Sounds like you went with a steel barrel. I'm wanting carbon fiber.