Who loves their 7mm STW?

As a guy who's been shooting the STW continuously since 92 I can say if I didn't love it, I wouldn't still shoot it.

Let's face it, it's been declared obsolete and/or dead at least four times since it first hit the market making finding factory ammo and brass difficult at best with any consistency.

It's worth it.😁

If I were starting out all over again today I'd probably go with the 7mm-375 Ruger but I've saved up a lifetime of brass so I really don't have to worry about ever running out especially since I have a half dozen other magnum rounds I can shoot as well as the 6.5's.

I've killed game all over N. America and Africa with it and it hasn't failed me yet so the STW's in my safe are not likely to be replaced anytime soon.
The Beast lives on

I call mine the laser beam of death. I have a 9.5 twist so I'm limited on the monos I can and like to shoot but let's just say I found one and it shoots over 3600 fps great point and shoot.

I put a brake on my 700 7 STW and a supercell recoil pad. Also filled the hollow stock with Buckshot. It now recoil like a 243. I don't shoot it much because I don't want to shoot it out. I use a 6.5CM for matches.
On my original factory Remington Custom I used a mix of Devcon and tungsten pellets in the forearm. Really made a difference with that crappy factory break. Once I replaced it, she tamed right down like a pussycat. Only added about 1.5lbs.

I call mine the laser beam of death. I have a 9.5 twist so I'm limited on the monos I can and like to shoot but let's just say I found one and it shoots over 3600 fps great point and shoot.
I always said the STW was about like shooting a 600yds laser.

Then I got the 6.5LRM. Next will be a straight 6.5-375Ruger next to a 7mm-375Ruger and .338-375 Ruger al sitting next to the original .375 Ruger.

Once those are all done I promise I'll have all the guns I'll ever need or want.... Again! 😂

Easiest to load for, most accurate rifle I've ever owned. She ain't been been shot in 10 years. I call her stubya.

I just had to ask this cause I'm really liking mine. Just wanted to see how many folks are still shooting the old STW.
Shot one for years starting back in the early 90s. We used to make cases out of 300 Weatherby cases before it was SAAMI spec'd. I guess one could still do that today in a pinch, you just have to add a fire forming step. Mine was built on a McMillan Rem 700 Mountain Rifle Stock, 700 Long Action, and a 26in 1:9 Shilen SS barrel, no brake. Later in life the Shilen was replaced with a Douglas Premium SS. They both shot great, just very finicky on loading steps and powder/bullet/neck tension combos. If I was building one today I'd use a longer action to get a 3.7+ inch magazine. The magazine length was always an issue for all 3 rifles we built back in the day. The STW should be right at home with the evolution of all the new heavy for caliber 7mm bullets. I would think it would spin a Berger 180 VLD out at 3000+ fps easily.

Later on, I purchased 2 of her younger sisters and hid them from her. They're hiding in another safe.
Well you'd best get that threesome out and treat'm right! 😂

I have 3 STW's and in fact tend to have about 3 of everything so I can shoot a lot without wearing any of them out.

Makes for a lot of extra work in the reloading room tuning loads for each of them, segregating the brass etc for each rifle, but if I loaded up 200rds for each of them tomorrow I probably wouldn't run out of ammo for the rest of my life. I kinda like it that way.