Who loves their 7mm STW?

I have three STW two 7's and one 6.5.. the sevens were built by George Vias ( the original vias muzzle brake maker) right after Simpson came out with the original article. 28 inch Lilja SS barrel No. 4 taper and it has close to 450 rounds thru it. Still shoots sub 1/2 inch groups with 150 gr. Nosler Part. ahead of 80 gr. of IMR7828 and taken a lot of tough critters. I am going to try some 162 gr. Horn ELDX bullets and see what they do. Please nobody suggest Berger bullets to me cause I do not trust them and yes I have shot them.
If the 162 eldx don't work for you the 162eldm might, I have had good terminal performance with eldms as well as great accuracy.

I have three STW two 7's and one 6.5.. the sevens were built by George Vias ( the original vias muzzle brake maker) right after Simpson came out with the original article. 28 inch Lilja SS barrel No. 4 taper and it has close to 450 rounds thru it. Still shoots sub 1/2 inch groups with 150 gr. Nosler Part. ahead of 80 gr. of IMR7828 and taken a lot of tough critters. I am going to try some 162 gr. Horn ELDX bullets and see what they do. Please nobody suggest Berger bullets to me cause I do not trust them and yes I have shot them.

I'm not a handloader so just bought factory Hornady with 162gr Hornady ELDX loaded at 3050 which is just fine for me. looking forward to seeing how they work in my 7STW for hunting elk as well.

Love my 7 STW. Bought a Rem 700 SPS chambered in it about 6 years ago. This Forum was the reason I wanted to get one. Well, that cheap SPS is a not so inexpensive semi custom rifle now. Timney trigger, fluted PTG bolt, carbon wrapped barrel, bedded HS Precision stock. It's a fliping tack driver and the one I seem to grab out of the safe more often. It's taken all my antelope and mule deer in WY & NM. And it's dropped many South Texas whitetail and hogs. The first time I hunted with my WY "go to" outfitter, he asked which cartridge I was bringing for the hunt. When I told him the 7 STW, I could tell he was happy. He told me it is his gunshop/gunsmith brother's favorite. Kinda gave me some instant "street cred" with the outfitter. All animals taken while hunting with him were one shot kills, so it made me look good. Its an awesome cartridge

I have been having crazy fun with mine.....
1580497122852.png

I just had to ask this cause I'm really liking mine. Just wanted to see how many folks are still shooting the old STW.
As a guy who's been shooting the STW continuously since 92 I can say if I didn't love it, I wouldn't still shoot it.

Let's face it, it's been declared obsolete and/or dead at least four times since it first hit the market making finding factory ammo and brass difficult at best with any consistency.

It's worth it.😁

If I were starting out all over again today I'd probably go with the 7mm-375 Ruger but I've saved up a lifetime of brass so I really don't have to worry about ever running out especially since I have a half dozen other magnum rounds I can shoot as well as the 6.5's.

I've killed game all over N. America and Africa with it and it hasn't failed me yet so the STW's in my safe are not likely to be replaced anytime soon.