Who is your favorite hunting influencer?

The only recognized name I know personally is Jim Shockey. Heckuva nice guy and I would appreciate his info. My teacher is mother natures school of hard knocks. Always learning within bounds of keeping everything a challenge.

We all see that term a lot today but there is a lot of educational shows and podcasts out there . Other than the ones mentioned already , backcountry rookies and the back country hunting podcast. Also love anything Newberg and Rinella do. Lampers and Call are good. Remi Warren is, in my opinion one of my favorites. He's very gifted at what he does she has an insane knowledge of all types of hunting.

I have gotten a lot of very good education from being a Cody rich patreon though. The exclusive podcasts and guests he has on are just fantastic.

I had three. They have all passed and their stuff is out of print, but you can find it and read it if you look hard enough. They are hard bound books, and just as relevant today as they were written. The first is Bob Hagel's book. He goes into depth about handloading, what works and doesn't. And it is filled with the same thing on hunting North American game. It should be required reading even today for and hunter who wants to handload ammunition.
Both of P.O. Ackley's books. Load data in them is dated with all the new powders available, but filled with information on wildcatting.
Last was Keith's book. Well written with lots of stories. Written by a great man.
I cannot take stock in any TV show. They are NOT instructional. They are entertaining. Shooter is always at a different angle than camera and they always appear to shoot at the wrong time. They overcall, and do many things that you cannot get away with yourself.

If you are interested in Africa Robert Ruark's books are a fantastic read. You literally cannot put them down. Use Enough Gun was my favorite.
There is some more current stuff out there on hunting, loading and ballistics, but I feel if you haven't read and soaked in the above works you will be missing so much of the base knowledge you need to apply they properly.
I had three. They have all passed and their stuff is out of print, but you can find it and read it if you look hard enough. They are hard bound books, and just as relevant today as they were written. The first is Bob Hagel's book. He goes into depth about handloading, what works and doesn't. And it is filled with the same thing on hunting North American game. It should be required reading even today for and hunter who wants to handload ammunition.
Both of P.O. Ackley's books. Load data in them is dated with all the new powders available, but filled with information on wildcatting.
Last was Keith's book. Well written with lots of stories. Written by a great man.
I cannot take stock in any TV show. They are NOT instructional. They are entertaining. Shooter is always at a different angle than camera and they always appear to shoot at the wrong time. They overcall, and do many things that you cannot get away with yourself.

If you are interested in Africa Robert Ruark's books are a fantastic read. You literally cannot put them down. Use Enough Gun was my favorite.
There is some more current stuff out there on hunting, loading and ballistics, but I feel if you haven't read and soaked in the above works you will be missing so much of the base knowledge you need to apply they properly.
I fully agree, Robert Ruark's books influenced me as well as my wife who was born in Tanzania to her missionary parents and grew up in Kenya. Her father hunted to provide for family and protection for locals.
My father was also an influencer to me as I grew up on a farm in Pennsylvania hunting small game.
A friend later in life introduced me to hunting in Africa.

At 78yrs young I grew up with all those old timers mentioned, and I'd like to add the name of another who is not such an old timer but he has perhaps the widest experience. Ross Seyfried has been a PH in Africa, hunted with flinters, percussion, black powder cartridge, small bore, very large bore, revolvers and is a superb writer. He also admits when he missed a shot or goofed a stalk. Besides that, he is a nice man, or at least he has been nice to me.

Hi Folks, I recently put together this list of the best hunting influencers. It's currently a small list and I am looking to add more people to it. If you have an influencer or a blog you love, please leave a comment below and let me know. I would love to add them to the list!
Jason Carter and Adam Bronson with the epic crew have given me a lot of hunting knowledge on drawing quality tags.

My favourite would have to be Cody Rich from the Rich outdoors podcast. Not a very big one but has so much info about western hunting and entrepreneurship.

This is a great topic... :>)

Personal family influencers were my Dad, Grandpa Brown and Brother-in-law David Priven.

Jack O'Connor's articles in Outdoor Life and his books were my Bible. He was a great writer and made you feel as if he was talking to you. His love of Sheep hunting and Sheep country made a huge impression on me. When I took my first sheep, a Dall in Alaska, my thoughts went back to Jacks articles and how I was feeling the same feeling that he wrote about.

Jim Charmichael, who replaced O'Connor was an engineer who loved to shoot. His technical expertise was right on and filled my thirst for technical information on rifles, reloading and shooting. His books are also on my shelf also...

Jay Gates from Kingman, AZ also had a huge effect on my hunting. Known as the "Deer Hunter", Jay took a Slam of Deer for 13 years in a row. His use of big binoculars opened the door for me.

These men have had a huge effect on my hunting and my life. DesertDweller62