Who is making a lightweight stock for savage

I just bought a bell and Carlson for my 116 bottom release, long action and really like it.
So many variations of the Savage actions make it difficult when you get narrowed down.

Check with MPI Custom Stocks. They made one for me. It's on a Savage long action. the stock is carbon fiber with kevlar reinforcement. It is incredibly stiff. Full stock bedded and with recoil pad - weight is just 20oz. Lighter than McMillan's.
Here is the link: http://mpicustomstocks.com/

Here's my stock:
View attachment 308850
My rem700 mpi is 21 Oz. It has the magnum cross pins though .. it's not the lightest version either..it only cost me $100 , a member here had a blank and wanted to get rid of it so he sold it cheap--lots of labor but mine came out great
20190920_090551.jpg

Boyds makes a very good laminate stock in several styles. I have used several and all were great fit. You can bed them of course but usually not necessary especially for a hunting rifle.

You can lighten up those boyds stocks with some wood work if you like too. This is on a 7wsm and I've had no issues with it at all-- lightened and bedded and free floated--- lightens them, but still not as light as a cf ultralight stock
20200520_053609.jpg
20200215_125322.jpg

Picked up this unfinished w70 one on Boyd's closeouts page for about $85iirc-- of course it didn't have the cutouts in it when I bought it though

What did that cost if you don't mind?
Well... only cost about $350 for custom length, bedding and everything. That's cause I had a 50% discount I got at a Mule Deer banquet several years ago. So I just gave MPI the rifle and had them bed it and everything.
Main thing is - this Savage has the bottom bolt release and no one made a custom stock for it yet. So I gave MPI the rifle and they made it to fit those slight differences. The stock is amazing. It is flawless. Even has the 2 tone webbing paint. It's as stiff as a chassis.
Here's another pic of it.

Muary2.jpg

It seems your having a hard time finding what the MPI costs. I looked at their site and ran some quick numbers. Stock with recoil pad, mag pin, Studs, Mag Reinforcement, Utra LW/Carbon Fiber, and web painted comes out at $825. Add in having them fit and bed the action.....add 3hrs....I would budget at least $1,000 before tax, shipping, or anything else. Running the figures off their site I would expect a standard sporter with Simms pad to weigh very close to 25-27oz. My McMillan carbon Rem Hunter's, Pachmayr pad, studs, with Mag Fill with BDL bottom cut out weigh 31oz on a scale...not what they estimate.

Stockade (Kevin Rayhill ?) makes several Savage stocks but I'm not sure about weight or the wait.
+1 I have one of these one a 280 AI build. It's one of there heavier varmint stocks, and its heavy. But they make lighter ones. It has a bedding block, and fits like a glove, already floated for my contour. I decided not to fully bed it. just cranked it down and shot it. It' one of the most accurate guns in the safe

You can lighten up those boyds stocks with some wood work if you like too. This is on a 7wsm and I've had no issues with it at all-- lightened and bedded and free floated--- lightens them, but still not as light as a cf ultralight stock View attachment 308951View attachment 308952

Picked up this unfinished w70 one on Boyd's closeouts page for about $85iirc-- of course it didn't have the cutouts in it when I bought it though
That's interesting. What does that weigh in at? I never thought of doing that to mine. I guess that being laminated, it would hold up to recoil also.

28 oz or 31 oz with folder.

That's interesting. What does that weigh in at? I never thought of doing that to mine. I guess that being laminated, it would hold up to recoil also.
I honestly can't remember, but I do know that I got it down to just under the weight of the oem Tupperware stock -- so I didn't change the overall weight bit it is much stiffer than the oem stock. If my brain is correct I'm thinking I dropped almost a whole pound off the Boyd's weight so ot was around 28-29 ounces and I think the oem was around 31-32 iirc-- I could be wrong though. It was a lot of work, but fun to do

I got the idea from a discontinued model 70 (coyote outback laminate)
Screenshot_20211104-161925_DuckDuckGo.jpg

Im looking for options for lightweight options for a savage 116 to get rid of the plastic stock. Is anyone making one
Thank you
I have chassis taken off a Savage stealth I would sell. But it was 6.5 cr. Not sure it would work on 116 model if I remember 116 is a long action