Who is making a lightweight stock for savage

DSMITH1651

Im looking for options for lightweight options for a savage 116 to get rid of the plastic stock. Is anyone making one
Thank you

McMillan used to offer most of their stocks for Savage but they have been taken off of their website. What killed Savage is too many configurations, different bottom metals, and the top vs bottom bolt release.

HS Precision still makes Savage stocks but they aren't very light.

McMillan used to offer most of their stocks for Savage but they have been taken off of their website. What killed Savage is too many configurations, different bottom metals, and the top vs bottom bolt release.

HS Precision still makes Savage stocks but they aren't very light.
Just ordered two McMillan stocks a couple months ago for a 700 style action. I talked to them about Savage and was told they don't offer them anymore.

Just ordered two McMillan stocks a couple months ago for a 700 style action. I talked to them about Savage and was told they don't offer them anymore.
That's a shame because I wanted to build another one…

Attachments

• DD10E13D-B1AA-4254-8C0B-30A52DFE7CA0.jpeg
    DD10E13D-B1AA-4254-8C0B-30A52DFE7CA0.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 127
Check with MPI Custom Stocks. They made one for me. It's on a Savage long action. the stock is carbon fiber with kevlar reinforcement. It is incredibly stiff. Full stock bedded and with recoil pad - weight is just 20oz. Lighter than McMillan's.
Here is the link: http://mpicustomstocks.com/

Here's my stock:
Buck.jpg

Too bad McMillan stopped, the A3 sporter on this bottom bolt release sure is nice....maybe if you asked really nicely?? We got this one a little less than a year ago. Honestly the XLR chassis would be awesome too

20210601_164545.jpg

Too bad McMillan stopped, the A3 sporter on this bottom bolt release sure is nice....maybe if you asked really nicely?? We got this one a little less than a year ago. Honestly the XLR chassis would be awesome too

View attachment 308866
Me and my dad and my buddy all have A3 sporters we love them. This is for my wife and McMillan said they wont make them for savage anymore