Who has hunted with Non-Typical Outfitters?

pikeman

Was looking to do the elk hunt with them in 2019. I would like to PM someone about what type of gear I would need to take with me. Am on a tight budget and would like to only take and buy the basics. Right now I would say all I have is a rifle and rain gear. If anyone is interested in sharing some info, post up or PM me. Thanks.

Was looking to do the elk hunt with them in 2019. I would like to PM someone about what type of gear I would need to take with me. Am on a tight budget and would like to only take and buy the basics. Right now I would say all I have is a rifle and rain gear. If anyone is interested in sharing some info, post up or PM me. Thanks.
Me and my wife hunted with them in 2016. All you really need is a rifle binoculars small day pack.camp is very comfortable just bring sleeping bag pillow . Each wall tent has wood floor and wood stove and cot. We brought along our spotting scope to help the guide and made it more fun for us but didn't really need to.Best thing you can bring is good attitude and be in shape. Yes you ride horses from camp but that in itself is not easy if you're not used to it. Good pair of mountain boots cause you will be climbing and walking. My wife shot hers at 200 and mine at 508 yards. So practice under real conditions not off a bench! Off of sticks or backpack etc.

Hunted elk with them last year. #1 be in shape, have a good rangefinder, Binos for glassing, Practice-practice-practice real world shooting positions, very seldom are you going to get to shoot from a prone position. Be comfortable shooting out to 600 yds, mountains are big and cross canyon shots can and will be far.

pm me and we can talk some more.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.