Who has contributed the most to the sport we love...

jrsolocam

Who has contributed the most, or influenced LRH? It can be an individual or corporate. I think Len (for this site), Bryan Litz, Walt Berger and Night force Corp., for example. What do you think??

Who has contributed the most, or influenced LRH? It can be an individual or corporate. I think Len (for this site), Bryan Litz, Walt Berger and Night force Corp., for example. What do you think??

+1

I would start with Len and then add all of the people that have supported his site and contributed
to the pursuit of this sports and all of the advancements of the equipment we now enjoy because of it.

This sport has forced manufactures to up the quality in order to fill the needs for Long range hunting/shooting.

J E CUSTOM

I agree with the above post, and would like to add,
the guys at Gunwerks. They influenced alot of guys in my area to buy 7mags and Berger 168's. And their informational Vids help alot of people get started in the fundamentals of precision shooting and reloading.
Having said that, I was just getting started in reloading and was Googling some info and clicked on this site. After reading some post I joined and the bug bit me. I never really thought about shooting past 400, now I been to 1200 yards and want to go the magic mile, but I'm not equipped,for that yet, but when I am you can bet I can get all I need to know, right here on this site.

These are some awesome posts. I just wanted to give thanks to folks who have made this hobby, or lifestyle, a reality. Without LRH.com the journey would have been much more difficult (and expensive) and the sharing of knowledge is priceless....The 2nd amendment is a right, not a privilege...

Jon

The list is very extensive if you ask me. Everyone listed above deserves credit. I would also credit a bunch of people on this site who have been around for a long time and share their knowledge with others. This is where I did most of my learning on long range shooting and I credit many on here for where I am at today. I don't want to start listing folks because I know I will miss many, and the list might make my post a couple of pages long :)

I agree that Gunwerks and Aaron Davidson deserve credit for continuing to be innovative with products and bringing people to the sport through their television show. I would also credit Best of the West and Exteme Outer Limits. Although some of their stuff isn't great for long range hunting, they continue to bring people and products to the industry which is never a bad thing.

I can say for me it was definitely the military that peeked my interest and I have never served. I think if it wasnt for snipers pushing the limits and manufacturers responding, we wouldnt be where we are at today. It is amazing how quickly Long Range shooting has spread its wings into competitive shooting and hunting but at the very core its still the military that in my opinion are the ones pushing all the advancements we have seen in this sport. When I say military, I dont just mean the US as this is well beyond just what the US has accomplished.

morning, the united states military and contractors have set the standards for this sport due to on hands experience.

Just Countrygun)

Great thread. To add to the list I would add all the great gunsmiths that have worked so hard to figure out how to build such accurate rifles. They really are amazing. And several of those gunsmiths contribute so much to this site by sharing a great deal of their knowledge.

I think you would have to consider gunsmiths and shooters like Alex Hoyer and Howard Wolfe who innovated cartridges like the 6.5-300 Weatherby and 30-378 Wolfe. These guys were doing it 50 years ago or more and helped get started the Pa Original 1000 yard club in 1968. They got companies like Sierra bullets involved making specialty bullets for long range shooting. They were some of the early guys that started long-range hunting and Target shooting. Matt

Looking backwards in time.

1. Several people have made a difference. I would say +1 for the one's you mentioned in the Post Rangefinder Era now that we can determine range, we can utilize high BC, scopes, etc.

2. Whoever invented the Rangefinder caused the pivotal point that changed Long range hunting from velocity/MPBR to Fast twist/High BC & "Clicking Up".

3. Before the Rangefinder, for sure Roy Weatherby for the high performance cartridges. He is the pioneer for this.

To me, it is those 3 steps

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.