Who are those guys???

Dave King

Just got a picture in the mail...and though folks might like to guess the names. Of course someone could cheat and look at the photo name but that'd take the fun out of it.

Len_Bear_Ian.jpg

Len, you got it straight away!

Al's still looking pretty fit but that Warren fella has aged a good bit don't you think?? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Dave,
Really enjoyed meeting Len and sharing the presence of that big brown fellow. He was somewhat different this time (the brownie, not Len) since my brain still has him coming head-on like a freight-train and a mildot reticle sitting on his shoulder. I hope that next year is Dave King's year to do the SHOT show. The LE area will put you into a combination of a cold sweat, hyperventilation and credit card shock!!! Enjoyed two DAVE KING evenings, a room full of snipers at the Badger/GA bash and a room full of military dudes (SF seemed to be not uncommon initials) at the KIFARU open-house at the Hilton.

SHOT was somewhat crazy and I really appreciate your patience Len - Great to meet you! Shooting a little palm-sized Canon digital is a far-cry from what you are used to shooting - appreciate your photography very much. Pictures are great - they are super-important to me (never had a photo of my owner and our daughter taken in front of a 10' brown bear before!). Enjoyed our walk-around and meeting you a lot.

Best quote of the SHOT show was by a little lady after I told her the story of the big bear interrupting my breakfast as he and his girl friend "beared-down" on our camp one Alaskan morning:
"Mister, I believe that you have bigger balls than that bear has..."
She was a sweetie and her comment will probably go into T/C history. Had me short for words, which does not happen very often /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

T/C's fine display-booth and the big bear will be at the Houston NRA meeting in April - hope to meet some LR Hunting guys from that area when I attend that show. Full story of my bear hunt is coming out that month in the American Hunter - the big bear will be at the NRA annual meeting and the story will be in the issue they take to their convention. Nice timing /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Len

"Yes, I know, but that's because my wife makes me put gray in my hair. "

I like that... I'm now at the point where I have no question/ponder hair color when I get new ID cards... it's no longer "blond" or "blond-ish grey", it's strickly "receeding grey".

Ian

I have actually purposely avoided The Shot Show because I don't have very good judgment and I'm sure I'd end up with WAY too many toys.

Ron Nemetchek went down there this year just after the Safari Club International (SCI) show to look at stuff!! He has pestered me too about going but it looks like next year I'll be there. He has booked 4 booths and wants me to come help out...I'm not too keen on a vacation in Las Vegas but I'm sure I'll meet a lot of kindred souls there. (I have a 3 week Antarctic cruise next January (2006) but should still be able to get there.)

If it's okay with you I'll stick up the other pictures you sent here in this thread.

Dave,
No sweat on the images. YES, I have to see you light up when you get into the LE section at the SHOT show. I would be pleased to give you some tips on how to get at the good stuff, boring stuff like the drag bag my buddy bought and the KIFARU pack that followed me home.
Vegas is not THAT bad in January, beats the hell out of Saskatchewan /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Sorry I missed you guys. Didn't know anyone was going to be there. I was there bumming around with Dave Tooley. Maybe next year. That was my first ever SHOT show. Wow... what a toy store!!!

Steve

Ian

LE section.... way bad idea... I'd need to mortgage the house!

A few more picts that arrived in the mail.

Machine-gun-Ian.jpg

Machine Gun Ian

Ian-ABB.jpg

Mr. Big Ian's Alaskan Brown Bear

here-lies-the-body.jpg

the credits...

Ian McMurchy ----- nervous marksman

Wayne Woods and Blake Trangmoe ---- very nervous guide men

Alaskan Brown Bear ---- played by MR. Big

Dave,
If I had to use that SOCOM-16 on the brown bear I would probably have become bear-droppings. It was a great shooter, I really like the holosite for fast and easy aiming but not sure it would stop a charging brownie. Would probably fire 19 at the sucker and then shoot myself because he would be in a foul mood.

Us writer-dudes have some shooting show&tell days before SHOT. It's awful, they make us shoot all these new rifles and scopes. I believe that I hold the cumulative record for most .325 WSM rounds shot at the Winchester shoot. Needed that since we can't shoot up here because of the **** snow. We shoot with Winchester in the morning out in the desert and then go to an airbase and shoot with Remington/Swarovski.

Good fun, lots of interesting people and brand new firearms. The unlimited ammo is kind of nice too. One of the organizers said, "We brought along enough ammo that you guys will never shoot it all!" or something to that effect. He was right.

6.8 Rem. is a sweet little shooter - I could see it being a heck of a close range deer and yote cartridge.

They're both fairly grizzled so which one's the bear?? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.