Who all uses Target verification option??

bigbuck

I have a Dell pocket pc with nightforce software. What i need to know is which way is better use a chroney to get my MV or do most of you guys use the target verification to get your MV ? I zeroed at 200 yards then I moved out to 600 and dialed 11 MOA up . I then fired one shot and I hit 4.3/8 inches high . I used my kestrel 3500 meter to input all the current weather conditions. Thanks for your help in advance....

I load all my info initially using my chrono results. I then test actual impact points to my max hunting range. I will then verify against various ranges with my calculator and if necessary adjust either velocity or BC depending what the actual impact data looks like and line it all up with my calculator. I will still use the chronograph through this process to also test ES.

I will pass on the suggestion that Jim See gave to me. Leave the Chrony at home and use your drops to verify your velocity and adjustments. If you zero @ 200 yds, I would verify about every 100 yds, out to as far as you plan on shooting. Then input all the info and see what comes out. That's much more accurate than any Chrony you can buy for less than about $500.

I used the verification tool only, no crony at all, with two rifles of my buddies and it was done in under 10 shots and was good for anything inside a 1000 yards, once you have your load on you can punch a starting number to get close then shoot it on paper and enter your data. This works best when combined with a Litz BC as well IMO.

I used the verification tool only, no crony at all, with two rifles of my buddies and it was done in under 10 shots and was good for anything inside a 1000 yards, once you have your load on you can punch a starting number to get close then shoot it on paper and enter your data. This works best when combined with a Litz BC as well IMO.

Thanks bigngreen. I have a question or two :) , once I have my point of impact on target say at 600 yards I will select the target validation option. once I have entered the range then I will enter for example , 4.3/8 inces high here is where I am having a problem. I cannot get my program to let me enter +4.3/8 . It is set in MOA mode but I was told by someone at NF to not worry just set it on IPHY mode . So can I just enter 4.3/8 withou + or - and let the program run the numbers ? If you can tell me in detail how you use this program option then I will try it the next time out . Thanks for your help .

bigbuck

Thanks bigngreen. I have a question or two :) , once I have my point of impact on target say at 600 yards I will select the target validation option. once I have entered the range then I will enter for example , 4.3/8 inces high here is where I am having a problem. I cannot get my program to let me enter +4.3/8 . It is set in MOA mode but I was told by someone at NF to not worry just set it on IPHY mode . So can I just enter 4.3/8 withou + or - and let the program run the numbers ? If you can tell me in detail how you use this program option then I will try it the next time out . Thanks for your help .

bigbuck

I had to dig out my Exbal and fire it back up, with that new fancy scope you can leave it in MOA then input in your target yardage and it will pop up the correction it thinks you need, you can change if you dialed something different, then in put the number you measured, don't use fractions measure with your calipers so your +4.3/8 should be 4.375. Hit calculate and if you like it hit Apply and it puts it to your calculation but I think you may need to make sure to save it after you check the new trajectory.

I had to dig out my Exbal and fire it back up, with that new fancy scope you can leave it in MOA then input in your target yardage and it will pop up the correction it thinks you need, you can change if you dialed something different, then in put the number you measured, don't use fractions measure with your calipers so your +4.3/8 should be 4.375. Hit calculate and if you like it hit Apply and it puts it to your calculation but I think you may need to make sure to save it after you check the new trajectory.

So i dont have to input + or - , just 4.375 and it will give me the correction ? By the way I love my NF 5.5-22 the grass even looks good :D Thank you for the help.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.