Who’s using SIG 300wm Brass? Need reviews!

howlemup

Ok. Who is using this Sig 300wm brass? How many loadings are you getting out of this stuff. Any and all thoughts you have on this brass. Case capacity? Hardness? Torture tests? Pet loads? Group pics? I'm looking for everything you Got.

I just rebarreled my Rem700 and am going to be starting load development. Planning on using:

Sig brass
H1000
CCI BR2 primers
Hornady 212gr ELD-X
26" barrel 1-10 twist

Thoughts?

I did a review on it a couple months back on here. I was less than impressed with the neck size consistency. I had to go all the way down to .012 to get a decent amount of cleanup. I just finally started to shoot it so I can't say for brass life. I ran a load up to 77 grains h1000 with the 215 hybrid. Primers were flattening but bolt open wasn't hard and just really light ejector marks

From what I have seen just pay the extra for Norma brass and be happy.

Thanks for the response. I just read through your review. Thank you. I have read a lot about the earlier lots that came out made by ADG I believe being very good but not much about the new lots made by sig. I weighed a few last night and there was a +\- 3gr variance just in the 5 peices I weighed.

So just for fun I took the 50 piece bag and weighed every piece. My lot #is EKCP128. I had previously 75% skim turned the necks to .0135, deburred the flash holes, uniformed the primer pockets and they are primed with BR2 primers. All are trimmed to 2.610"

Low weight 254.3gr
High weight 258.9gr

Pretty evenly spread across this range not much grouping. For a pretty novice reloaded how bad is this compared to other brands?

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts