Whitetail deer

huntinfool18

I just got the itch to go hunt whitetails. i would like it to be a DIY hunt and on public land(dont want to pay trespass fees) in one of the western states like montana or idaho. does any body have any good ideas of were a good place to go? thanks huntinfool18

Deerhunting

Huntinfool,
Look into the Idaho Panhandle. I elk hunt up there every other year and see some real nice whitetails, just at the prerut stage. All the land we hunt is national forest with good acsess and still remote steep and rugged with lots of openings. Dont know what kind of hunting your used to doing but here its alot of hiking and glassing and the weather chnges very fast. Another area that I know of is southeast of Coeur D Alene out towards Avery. I have heard that the deer and elk in that area is down abit because of wolf reintroduction, . Hope this points you in the right direction.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.