White's Elk Guide Pac boots

tsmiller4

Anyone ever wear/use and of these boots in the mountains/late winter. I'm going on a late season cow elk hunt and just ordered a pair of these. Does anyone on here have any experience with these or any other White's pac boots?

I have the steel toes for work and also have the soft toes. Mine seem to rub my heals were the rubber and leather meet. They do not come in half sizes, so mine are a little big. They do not seem to be very warm, but do keep your feet dry. Make sure to dry the liners every night you wear them. They are also very heavy. Overall, they are a pretty decent boot. I would like to try some Schnees to compare.

I've had a the same pair of these for 14 yrs and they've held up well although I don't use them all that much. They're my goto boots in snow and cold. -40F though?...I don't know...not unless your active in them. Now that I think about it, thougth, I've used 'em down to -37 in one cold MN winter and some subzero in MT and snow and wind and was just fine as long as I was moving.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.