Which would you choose?

300 Win mag. I have seen more velocity from the 300 win over the WSM. I load long bullets and do not want to fight the shot action WSM for room. The 300 win is near and dear to my Heart. The accuracy of every one I have ever loaded for was awesome with minimal load work. There will always be one in my safe for an all around carry rifle and long range freezer filler to past 1000 yards

Jeff

Hey guys which one is better, 223 rem or 222 rem? :D:D

Maybe letting us know what the gun will be used for, would help us, help you. :)

300 WM or 300 WSM which would you pick and why.

Lot depends on what your needs are. I've had couple nice 300mag build same with the 300WSM and I always felt which everyone I was carry was the right one to use.

I think if you looking maybe for a future build you may have more option going with the 300mag and you may find more rifles to choose from also.

Hey guys which one is better, 223 rem or 222 rem? :D:D

Maybe letting us know what the gun will be used for, would help us, help you. :)
222, but the 223 has cheap brass and killed its older brother off

As far as the 30 cals', I'd go with the 300win (long) if you don't care that it is belted, and the 300 rum if you do. Most of the 30's bigger than the '06 are **** good rounds and you are really comparing different apple varieties when you disparage one with another. Some guys have had better luck with one or another, and that's about it. The bigger you go, the more your barrel life diminishes, but you'll still get fair barrel life from the rum and the 30-378 roy. It simply doesn't matter a hell of a lot if your rifle is built well at all.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.