Which windmeter/weatherstation do you prefer?

I use a Skymaster sm-28. It got some good reviews in sailing magazines and it seems to work fine. It's not in the class as yours but it's cheap and it does what I need.

Kestrel 3500 because it does everything I need it to and it's a quality piece of equipment. (These are very old prices, by the way, Len)

ScreenHunter_01Sep1210.44Large.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
kestrel 4500nv loads of features water proof and floats ( i tested this feature it's true) you can have three readings on one screen or only one if you want (some on here told me you can't do that with the 4500 but i guess they just never used one) i prefer to have 3 , you can set up to three pages with 3 and they are quick and easy to scroll through

I use the Brunton ADC Pro. The most important feature, for me, is Density Altitude calculations. The closest Kestrel that does that is more than 2X the price. The Brunton cost me about $110.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.