Which Vortex Scope do i need?

I'm looking to sell my vortex viper pst gen 2 3-15x44 ffp it's new in box never been mounted. I ended up going with the 5-25x50.

Last edited:
Looks like I am headed in the direction of the HS LR 4X16 in either 44mm or 50mm objective. I have been playing around with the LRBC on vortex website and like the idea of using a dope disk with drops in both MOA and inches. That would give me the option to hold over or dial to a shot if needed. Seeing as hunting here in the south everything is 300 yards and in the hold over would work well. When I head out west and need to dial up for longer shots I could use the dope chart for dialing up. IS this sound logic?

for hunting i would go Luepold great glass and lighter weight. don't know your budget but i believe the 3i is in the same price range as the vortex you are looking at.
I have a 2-10 PST on my hog hunting AR that i really like. i also have the whole line of leupold vx6 on my hunting rifles.
either would be a great choice

If you work with the metric system more, use Mill. Imperial more, use MOA. The Concept is the same, just takes some number memorization and you can switch between the two pretty easy.
If you don't understand the difference between FFP and SFP, you probably don't need the extra cost of FFP. My advice is to understand MRAD or MOA completely before buying anything, then make your choice of scope. It will help with reticule selection.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.