Which turkey gun?

Interesting. I thought that was the difference. The 507c had the reticle options and the 407 only had the dot. I think, whenever I get the Sig XTen, I'll either get a 507c or a Trijicon RMR.
I have my new XTEN and new Trijicon RMR. The screws that came with the Trijicon were the wrong size. I had to buy a plate drilled and tapped for the SIG and Trijicon. The screws that came with the plate were too short. The second shot I took shook the RMR off the pistol. I found the RMR because I was using a tarp to catch my spent brass. Just a heads-up when you mount the Trijicon!

I have my new XTEN and new Trijicon RMR. The screws that came with the Trijicon were the wrong size. I had to buy a plate drilled and tapped for the SIG and Trijicon. The screws that came with the plate were too short. The second shot I took shook the RMR off the pistol. I found the RMR because I was using a tarp to catch my spent brass. Just a heads-up when you mount the Trijicon!
Well I think that might rule out the RMR for me then. Part of the reason I wanted it was so that I didn't have to have a place since the cut on the Sig is so shallow. I wanted to get it as low as possible. I was thinking RMR or 507c X2.

Well I think that might rule out the RMR for me then. Part of the reason I wanted it was so that I didn't have to have a place since the cut on the Sig is so shallow. I wanted to get it as low as possible. I was thinking RMR or 507c X2.
I would not buy a Trijicon again unless it came factory installed! Hopefully the factory would have the right screws. I used lock-tite on the screws, but I think they are still going to be too short. I do like shooting the pistol, but it is pretty large for concealed carry as it imprints obviously in an out-side-the-waistband holster. I would you try an IWB holster for Concealed carry and an OWB for hunting. I also recommend the Sig v-Crown bullets in the 165gr for self-defense. But that's just my $1.50 opinion.

I would not buy a Trijicon again unless it came factory installed! Hopefully the factory would have the right screws. I used lock-tite on the screws, but I think they are still going to be too short. I do like shooting the pistol, but it is pretty large for concealed carry as it imprints obviously in an out-side-the-waistband holster. I would you try an IWB holster for Concealed carry and an OWB for hunting. I also recommend the Sig v-Crown bullets in the 165gr for self-defense. But that's just my $1.50 opinion.
Yeah I've read some stuff about needing the screws that come with it or this or that. So I was a little concerned. Honestly I was hoping to try one on it before I bought the combo. I know they're good optics but I don't want to have those issues. It definitely wouldn't be a concealed carry gun for me, it'd be a bear defense gun while archery hunting here in Montana. I'd probably be shooting the same 200gr hardcast that I have for my current 10mm. I have the Razco gear holsters for my current protection handguns. One that can go on the hip belt for my pack that I can also QD to my pants belt, typically where I'll carry my 329pd. Then attached to my bino pack, that's where I carry my 10mm. Currently I have the XDm OSP with a DeltaPoint, I like it, it's a great setup but it's more slippery than I'd like. I want to send it in and have it stipled before September.

Yeah I've read some stuff about needing the screws that come with it or this or that. So I was a little concerned. Honestly I was hoping to try one on it before I bought the combo. I know they're good optics but I don't want to have those issues. It definitely wouldn't be a concealed carry gun for me, it'd be a bear defense gun while archery hunting here in Montana. I'd probably be shooting the same 200gr hardcast that I have for my current 10mm. I have the Razco gear holsters for my current protection handguns. One that can go on the hip belt for my pack that I can also QD to my pants belt, typically where I'll carry my 329pd. Then attached to my bino pack, that's where I carry my 10mm. Currently I have the XDm OSP with a DeltaPoint, I like it, it's a great setup but it's more slippery than I'd like. I want to send it in and have it stipled before September.
Yep, for bear protection I would use 200gr bullets. I have heard of 220gr 10mm bullets, but can not remember where to buy them. Sounds like you are all set and now need only the X-TEN and a red dot sight. Have some great fun and even better luck.

Yep, for bear protection I would use 200gr bullets. I have heard of 220gr 10mm bullets, but can not remember where to buy them. Sounds like you are all set and now need only the X-TEN and a red dot sight. Have some great fun and even better luck.
I buy my 200gr bullets from a local shop, they happen to be the same guys that make the bullets for Buffalo Bore's HC lead stuff. It's called Rim Rock bullets. I settled in the 200 grain and a load below where I'm not over pressure at 1150 fps. I figure the 200gr is hopefully enough.

I've been around a lot of turkey guns both as a trigger man, caller/hunting partner and paid guide. Find one that feels right. Winchester, sx4 or sxp, Retay Gordon, Franchie, Benelli, Remington 870 or 11-87 Mossberg 940, 500, 835...if it feels good use it. Remember your using a shotgun like a rifle. Next cut the bull and get tss. Yeah it's not cheap but it's a small cost in comparison to everything else you do as a turkey hunter, next get a choke around . 665 for a 12 ga or . 560/.565 for a 20. Jebs, and Indian Creek have been great for me but there's others. Clean the barrel and pattern your gun. Now for IMHO the biggest overlooked thing is Check your poa vs poi. If it's different get either a set of adjustable metal sights like a Truglo pro series mag gobble dot, or a Williams firesite or an optic of some sort. After around 200 personal and guided kills that is my 2cents.

Fwiw I have loved my handful of Holosuns of late. They are great. 500 series.

I use a Yildiz O/U 20ga. With the shells of today they shoot farther and hit harder than the 12ga did years ago. They also do it with less recoil and lighter to carry.

Good luck

I use a Yildiz O/U 20ga. With the shells of today they shoot farther and hit harder than the 12ga did years ago. They also do it with less recoil and lighter to carry.

Good luck
If I were earlier in my turkey hunting career and had more seasons in front of me at 75, I`d definitely move from a 12 to a 20. TSS is a revolution for sub-gauge. As it is, I`ll just ride it out with my trusty 870 SP-T in Mossy Oak Obsession. It`s a tank, but I`m not much of a run-and-gun hunter so it`s OK. Shoots great with Hevi-13 #6, which I probably have enough of with which to finish out.

Anyone done a 28 gauge turkey gun?

looking For dedicated turkey gun build ideas. Must have optics as option.

Finding a 28 ga. would be a challenge.....
28 ga. would be a OK turkey gun....I just never seen any factory shells that would be any good beyond 30-35 yards...finding choke tubes or custom choked gun would be a challenge ......if you're a reloader you could buy TSS shot and load your own....
Wouldn't be a low cost project or one that would be very easy to get rid of if you got bored with it....