Which turkey gun?

If you like to call them in, you don't need a 3 1/2 inch gun. I like the older stuff and how well they work if you can get them to come to a call.

George Daw 12 gauge made in 1866 and a Burgess 12 gauge wrist slide action with 2 inch shells…

Turkeys2014a.jpeg
IMG_8568.jpeg

I've been using a Benelli M2 in 20 Gage for the last five or six years and it has worked great. I have killed turkeys out to 40-45 yards when I couldn't get the stubborn Tom to come in any closer. A healthy does of #5 Winchester Supreme turkey loads has been doing the trick for me. I hear the TSS is great stuff but man is it expensive. I have never found the need for it! Good Luck and keep us informed of which direction you go and how the hunt turns out.

I am looking for a new shotgun for turkey hunting. I've always been a big game hunter and pheasant, but am going to try turkey this spring now. I'm trying to decide between the Weatherby Element turkey or the Mossberg 930 turkey.....

What are the pros and cons between the 2?
Mossberg..... PLLLLLLLHHHHHH! (CON)
WEATHERBY....YEAH! (PRO)

New to this forum, far from new in the turkey woods. Seeing as this post is almost 2 years old, interested in what the OP ended up with.

Turkey guns sure have come a long way from where they started! Technology gone wild! Lol!

With the shell and choke tubes available now, I completely agree with an aiming device such as a scope or red dot.

But it's still all a want, and you have the ability to make it whatever you want. From muzzleloaders to state of the art.

And while technology can, and does, help. It's still a game of more the indian than the arrow, at least to me it is.

But we do this stuff because we want to and hopefully enjoy it. So whatever you use, get good with it and enjoy!

Mossberg makes a 940 with a 18.5 inch barrel turkey gun. I used to hunt with a Rem sp 10ga turkey gun. Now I have 2 410's I use. I bought a new Mossberg sa 20 GA turkey gun. I like the 22 inch barrel. Fixing to get a Mossberg sa 28ga turkey gun. I have a Tristar G2 viper 28ga. I use squirrel hunting.