Which trigger for Weatherby Mark V?

Use the factory trigger, have a competent smith hone it and set it. I love my Mark V trigger!

10 year old thread, but had my trigger smith do all my Mark V rifles over the years. The last was a Mark V .270Wby and the trigger is a perfect 2.2lbs.

I did a search on wby triggers and found on their (Weatherby's) site a thread on changing the spring and polishing a couple points. Erniethegunsmith.com carries the spring for like $7. The pictures looked like it was just one less coil so I filed off one coil (don't do it insert all legal disclaimers here.) and polished the couple points they highlighted with some 800 grit sand paper and put it together again. It's now adjustable from 1-3# and very crispy. It has passed all drop tests, slamming the bolt forward aggressively etc and not lost engagement one time. If this hadn't worked I would have just bought the spring but it's a very nice 2# every time now.

Factory trigger or aftermarket?

Thanks to all for your replies.

After realizing how much I like the feel and size of my Weatherby trigger, I decided to try the spring offered by erniethegunsmith.com. It took me around 30 - 45 minutes to pull apart my gun, then trigger and replace the spring (great instructions on the site).

I am very pleased with new poundage (2.5) and the fact that the trigger is so much more adjustable now. It actually has a different feel as far as the travel and is a surprise now when it goes off.

This was also much cheaper ($10 with S&H) than buying a whole new trigger.

I love set to trigger on my Tikka. All my competition rifles have 2-stage triggers, even by Rugger 10/22. Seems like the Weatherby shooters did not catch up with wonders of 2-stage triggers as I could not find any. (I know they are usually $100 more than a single stage, but the Weatherby's are the Hundays. Best for the best

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.