Which topics would you like to see Feature Articles written about?

Artical one buying and equiping an entry level rifle for new people, or those who have been out of it for a while. I have 3 boys and myself to equip for hunting and shooting, and when you add up rifle, clothing, and reloading equipment, it gets really expensive really quickly. I am looking into the Savage Axis in 243 for all of us. I am not interested in single shots, and will modify/upgrade rifles as time goes on.
Thats what I was going to say.

I like to read of it specific to our area, but I doubt the right author (DC) would right it.
As far as something that might interest you, you should inquire about the sharpshooters of Pennsylvania during the civil war. 1st USSS during the Civil War - NY Military Museum and Veterans Research Center
Here is a lead for you. I also might have a precision shooting magazine relating to smokey moutain rifle matches. Let me look for it and I'll pm you if I can find it.

Personally.....all the ideas above would make for some great reading and I for one would feel privileged to get to see them.

One thing I would like to add is for a potential article that addressed practicing methods and techniques. What I mean specifically would be giving newer guys some coaching on proper breath control, shooting in relation to your heartbeat, is it preferred that the shooter waits for the calmest winds in practice before firing, or whether it's thought best to fire in any wind to better learn how wind velocities affect bullet flight.........things like that are often on my mind.

A wise man once said that "practice DOES NOT make perfect. PERFECT PRACTICE, makes perfect." I have been a staunch believer of that ever since.

So as I dive into this wonderful addiction, I DO NOT want to be practicing and developing bad shooting habits. I want to practice "correctly"-----but what defines proper, well-disciplined practice, as it relates to extended ranges? An article addressing these topics would be greatly appreciated.

I think articles on proper technique would be very interesting especially because there are people that think their style is perfect but others disagree. A perfect example is trigger control. Some people think the gun should surprise you when it goes off and others say you need to know exactly when your trigger will break.

I love reading about the different techniques and pros and cons of each because it really helps me experiment and find out what works best for me and each one of my rifles. Lots of pictures or even videos would be very helpful on articles of this nature.

One thing I would like to add is for a potential article that addressed practicing methods and techniques. What I mean specifically would be giving newer guys some coaching on proper breath control, shooting in relation to your heartbeat, is it preferred that the shooter waits for the calmest winds in practice before firing, or whether it's thought best to fire in any wind to better learn how wind velocities affect bullet flight.........things like that are often on my mind.
Not a bad idea, what are the odds of having a perfect scenario to shoot in the real world. lightbulb

I think articles on proper technique would be very interesting especially because there are people that think their style is perfect but others disagree. A perfect example is trigger control. Some people think the gun should surprise you when it goes off and others say you need to know exactly when your trigger will break.

I love reading about the different techniques and pros and cons of each because it really helps me experiment and find out what works best for me and each one of my rifles. Lots of pictures or even videos would be very helpful on articles of this nature.

I couldn't agree more about different people and their methods. That's a great angle that I hadn't yet thought of. A collaborative effort between two people with radically different shooting styles would be a GREAT read. The readers could see the contrast in styles and see how they are both effective, but different.

Not a bad idea, what are the odds of having a perfect scenario to shoot in the real world. lightbulb

Yeah as that idea was unfolding, I was looking out my living room window at the wind howling and thought...."man, sure would be a rough day to try to shoot long range"....then it hit me...lol. Would it be better practice (although a bit depressing) to shoot in wind like this, or does that just open myself up for a confidence drop?

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.