Which top end binocular?

Alright, just finished comparing a bunch of glass til dark.
Razor HD 8x42
victory HT 10x42
victory SF 8x42
Understand 8x will be a little brighter than 10 and ive always been an 8x guy, but heres my opinion on the listed binos. In sunny/mild overcast the SF was the clear winner to me, Contrast and colors are second to none. both zeiss were clearly brighter than the razor in daylight conditions. Looking into dense woods, treetops, skyline, etc the SF was my favorite, they handle great and I really like to color contrasts. The HT are as bright with a more neutral balance between different greens/browns in the woods. The razors were in the middle contrast wise and only slightly behind in light gathering. At the last minute of shooting light all three would get the job done, what I did notice with all three side by side is-
The SF carries the contrast and depth into dark, as far as brightness the 8x sf and 10x ht were about exactly the same with the razors nipping at theyre heels. I carry those razors a lot and never had any complaints in the field but side by side with the others it almost appears slightly cloudy in the last few minutes of light, ive never noticed in the field but it was noticeable here.
After legal light Id still put the HT and SF in the same ballpark. on paper the HT have higher transmission by 3% and maybe if they were both the same 8x or 10x it would be been more evident but both were still usable when I came inside well after dark. The HT may have a bit more light transmission but I think the stronger color variation in the SF even the last light playing field, it did for me anyway.

Long story short I did this to consolidate my binos and I'll be keeping the 8x42 SF. The biggest factor is the color contrast and seemingly deeper picture, that amazed me. The field of view is wider, focus knob is faster and with the internal center of gravity shift they are so proud of they really are easier to hold and feel lighter than they are while glassing. Some guys may not like what I do but these work for me. The HT may work better for guys out west that need straight light more than the contrast but I'm in timber quite a bit and prefer the stronger contrast. I will say that for half the price the razors are still a big player and id have no issue continuing to hunt with them but the SF compared to the other two is my clear favorite. OP, if you or anyone is looking ill have the 10x42ht and the 8x42 razor hd in the classifieds shortly if you want to save a few bucks over new. Happy choosing!

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.